Henry

Forced.

Forced to do a school project.

With Henry Bowers of all people. No say in the situation at all. The teacher had called you to her desk and said, "you'll be working with Henry."

Rage was coursing through your veins, with a burning in your chest. Making it unbearably hot as you walked.

You'd stormed out of class in the middle of the day. Mindlessly wandering the halls, avoiding faculty, anger in your chest. It made your chest feel tight, tears threatening to spill. Having your books clutched to your chest made the feeling worse.

You wanted to scream, hit something, anything. Sharply turning a corner, you ran into the very last person you wanted to see.

Henry Bowers.

Fear struck the second you saw him. "Watch where you're going freak."
You stood in place, staring at him. You wanted to turn and run in the opposite direction, but something was keeping you stuck in place.

"What?" He sneered. Trying to say something, you just opened and closed your mouth, looking like an idiot. You were about to turn and leave out of risk of being hit when-

"Stop."

Turning slowly, you looked him dead in the eye. "I've seen you before." You nodded. "Yeah, you're the one freak that barely says anything." "That's me," you mumbled.
He narrowed his eyes at you. You quickly looked away, wanting to avoid him at all costs.

"You know what?" he said suddenly. 'Hmm?' You responded, still staring at the ground. "You're gonna skip with me." He grabbed your wrist and started leading you-somewhere. "What!?" You exclaimed. Your eyes were widened, you'd never skipped a class in your life. "You heard me, Loser," he said a big grin on his face. "But w-where are we going?: you shouted, a higher pitch in your voice.

"Somewhere. Don't ask."

Henry had led you all the way to his house, and you never tried to stray. Not once. When you'd gotten into his house, he sat down on the couch. His dad wasn't home so he could do pretty much whatever he wanted.

You stood there, too nervous to sit with him. Also knowing not to sit unless offered in another person's house. Just like your parents taught you. He had a drink in his hand, sinking into the couch cushions.

You continued to stand there, staring, still clutching your books. He looked over at you and said: "You can sit down ya know." Setting your books down on the floor, you slowly sat down next to him. It was eerily quiet being there. Taking a deep breath to calm yourself, you noticed the scent of Juicy Fruit bubblegum. You leaned to your left, breathing in again. Henry. Definitely Henry.

He noticed you leaned closer and set his drink on the floor. He moved a little closer to you. You leaned away slightly, your anxiety coming back, thinking he was going to hit you. He smirked. After a few seconds, you broke the silence. "Stop."

The only thing that made you say that is because Henry was putting his hand on your inner thigh. "I came here because you wanted me to, that's it." You sounded somewhat serious, but couldn't help but slightly smile. He snuck up and started tickling you. Giggling and laughing, you fell backwards on the couch. He chuckled and continued tickling you.

On your way home, you thought about the time you'd spent with Henry. You wanted to tell the Losers but, really, did they have to know?