Part 16

When I woke up the sun was beaming through the window enlightening my face with pretty colours of the rainbow. I turned over as I was welcomed by Elvis who was lieing on the floor, with his tongue out and his tail wagging, waiting for me to wake up. I rolled out of bed literally and got dressed. I walked down the stairs slouched looking like a zombie.

"Morning gorgeous!" Max said putting breakfast in front of me on the table.

"Stop talking to yourself" I replied as i gave him a kiss.

We finished eating and then took Elvis for a walk. We walked along the street holding hands. Every time Max looked at me I felt my face light up with happiness as a big smile planted its way across my cheeks. The sun's rays pierced the sky as it was a lovely warm august day. We got back through the door as the phone played out a tune. It was 2.00 in the afternoon.

Max had a long convosation with the person who had called. After half an hour of him being shut off from the outside world, Max said bye and put the phone down.

"I thought i was never gonna get you back to myself, you were chatting for half an hour!" I said as he sat next to me on the sofa and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"Really that long WOW that went quick" he replied shockingly.

"Who was it?" I asked curiously.

"It was Jay, he asked whether we could go over to theirs for tea tonight" Max said smiling to himself. I could tell i was missing something. Max knew something that i didn't.

"What time are we going over to Sommer and Jay's?" I asked looking at Max.

"6 ish tonight, well that's what time all the others have been told to get there for" Max replied as I cuddled up to him on the sofa.

As that was 3 and a half hours away we watched telly on the sofa cuddled up for a hour. Then when that hour had passed I went for a half an hour run as i was addicted to exercise and it was lovely outside. When i got back we had an hour and a half to get ready for Sommer and Jay's. I had a shower and got dressed. I put on my fav cropped jeans and a blue vest top. We walked out the house at half 5 both ready. We lived half an hour away from Sommer and Jay so we would be there about 6.

We pulled up and parked the car outside their house. We knocked on the door and were greeted by Sommer as Jay was in the kitchen cooking tea.

"Hey" I said as I gave Sommer a hug. Max followed me in. Meg, Nath, Em and Siva were already there. I gave Em and Meg big hugs. I sat down on the sofa just as Charlotte and Tom walked in. They never knocked they always just walked straight into people's houses. Max and Tom hugged each other like it had been decades since their last meeting. Charlotte gave Meg, Em and Sommer big nice hugs. Then she took one look at me and threw herself onto my lap squashing me on the sofa. Whenever me and her were together something always got broken or someone got hurt. Just at that moment the sofa knocked a vase off Sommer's cabinet. It smashed into a hundred little pieces on the floor. Everything went silent and still.

"Charl you haven't even been in the house for 5 minutes and you have broken something already!" Sommer shouted jokingly at Charlotte.

"And i was nothing to do with it!" I muttered shockingly under my breath.

"I'm so sorry Sommer!" Charlotte replied looking worried.

"It's fine but you will have to buy me a new one" Sommer said back sweeping up the glass so no one stepped in it.

As Sommer walked into the kitchen to tell Jay what had just happened, every one laughed.

"Opps woopsie!" Charlotte said still sitting on me with her hand over her mouth.

"Well that's something broken now only someone to get hurt" I said laughing.

We had tea and then sat talking the whole night. Sommer and Jay kept smiling at one another. I was wondering whether tonight we were all gonna be told something by them. Meg and Nathan spent most of the night kissing one another's faces off! I'm surprised their lips were still there! Nathan had his arm around Meg's shoulders as they sat on the sofa. Em was sitting on Siva's lap with her head buried into his neck. Me, Charlotte, Tom and Max were making up jokes on the floor. Jay stood up and coughed for our full attention. Sommer stood up next to him. They held hands and smiled at one another.

"We called you all here tonight for a reason" Jay said.

"Free food!" Max and Tom shouted back to him. Everyone laughed as they high fived one another. Max played with Tom's ear as Tom did the good boy face.

"Now that's the face of a good boy!" Max said looking into Tom's eyes.

"Back to what i was saying" Jay said shaking his head at Max and Tom. "I have an annocement for you all" he said looking around the room at our gleaming faces.

"You're pregnant!" I said looking horrified.

"Didn't I tell you to use protection" Emily asked Sommer as she put her head in her arms.

"I knew this was gonna happen!" Meg said shaking her head in shame.

"No guys i'm not pregnant!" Sommer shouted at us. We all let out a big 'phew' at the same time.

We are getting married!" Jay and Sommer said together.