Part 55

Suddenly........

i felt something sharp dig into my side.

"Sorry i didn't want to do that but you just wouldn't stop messing me about!" the man said angrily shaking me.

The sound of sirens echoed in the distance as the men stopped still and then ran as fast as they could away.

I fell very slowly down to the ground holding my side tightly. I cryed out in pain.

Oh no it couldn't be?

I lifted one of my hands away to see if it had happened or was i just dreaming?

I watched the blood drip of my hand down onto the floor infrount of me. The sirens got closer and closer as my world suddenly collided into darkness.

When i woke up i wasn't in the dark alleyway where this had all happened, no i was in a bright busy building which i recognised. I looked up around as the blurred vision lining my eyes like a cloud began to clear away.

I was in the hospital i worked at as a physiotherapist! I looked up at the Doctor who i knew as i worked here. I looked down at the blood surrounding my waist, i gave out a quick cry from the pain.

"Everything is going to be alright" the doctor told me.

As i got taken into a room on my own i watched as Meg got guided away into a cubicle by a lady doctor who was going to check her over to see what Meg's ordeal had caused. The police were standing outside her cubicle and my room ready to ask questions. Emi, Sommer and Charlotte just stood there shaking still in shock of what had happened. A nurse took them to get a drink.

(1 hour later)

The doctors had got the bleeding undercontrol but i would still needed to go for a operation in order to check there was no organ damage.

Suddenly Max burst through the door as he ran up to the bed. He cradled me in his arms as i cryed into his chest. He hugged me tightly. He kissed my forhead before looking down at the damage caused by the night.

"I am so sorry for not being there for you babe, this shouldn't of happened" he told me crying his eyes out.

"It wasn't your fault Max it could of happened to anyone we were just the unlucky ones" I replied wipeing away his tears.

"Well yes but still i should have been protecting you" he answered tearfully holding my hand tight with his other hand around my shoulder.

"You are here now thats all that matters" i said to him.

Suddenly everything went dark........

I woke up in a different little room as the sun enlightened my face with crystals. I looked around the room. I could see outside the door read that i was based in a room for the recovery of patients. I listened closely to the machine sounds around me which i was attached to. I turned to look at the chair beside my bed. Max was lay fast asleep across it. I could tell it had been a long night for him.

A nurse came in to check on me. I asked her curiously why i was in this room, as i had been in a different room last night when i came into the hospital. She told me i had a operation last night to repair the stab wound to my side and to check for any damage. I looked at her anxiously. She told me that luckily the knife hadn't dug in deep enough so there was no organ damage. Only tissure damage was present. I gave out a little sigh of relief as i knew this meant i was going to be fine. As she shut the door Max woke up jumping a little as his fists closed tightly in and a concerned look wiped across his face. He had obviously had a bad dream. His eyes showed signs of complete tiredness.

He walked over to the bed and grasped my hand tightly enclosing it in his palm helding it close to his chest.

"Hello babe how are you feeling?" Max said stroking my hair.

"I am feeling fine. Why did i have a operation last night?" i asked him interested in his answer.

"Because you went downhill and fainted so needed it urgently as you had lost so much blood" He replied before kissing my forhead and saying "I am just so glad you are alright! I am never going to let anything like this happen to you again, i promise!".

I looked down at my waist and uncovered the layers of warm blankets that were pulled up over me. I rolled my gown up giving a little cry of pain. I looked down at my side. It looked a lot better than it did last night. There was no blood present just a line of tidy little stiches lining the wound tightly keeping it closed together. I showed Max as he gave out a painful look. He was so apoligetic over what happened. But it wasn't his fault he had nothing to be sorry for.

Just at that moment the others all burst into the room. The girls gave me gentle hugs as the boys gave Max big reassuring hugs. After a whole afternoon of being in their company, which had made me feel so happy, the nurse told them i needed sleep as i was exhasted. I smiled and waved at them as they walked out of the room.

Max stayed with me for a few more minutes cradling me in his arms not letting me go. The nurse came in signalling to him it was time for him to go.

"Go you look really tired you need sleep" I said feeling his soft cheek.

"I really don't want to leave you though!" He said holding me tightly in his arms.

"You need to go we both need sleep" i told him as the nurse shook her head at me telling me he had to go now.

"Ok i will babe. I love you so very much!" Max told me. He kissed me passionatly showing sorrow in his action for all that had happened. Our hands slowly let go of each other's hold as he walked away. He turned at the door and looked back smiling at me as he mouthed the words 'I love you'. Then he was gone. The nurse tucked me into bed so i was comfy. It had been a long day and night, i needed the sleep. I slowly fell into a deep trance of sleep which took over every inch of my body. I was alone again.