Chapter 16

~Alucard's pov~

I watched as my master glared holes into the door of her office, she was becoming impatient waiting for Lilianna and (Y/N) to arrive in her office. Seras stood awkwardly in the corner of the room as well in silence, I caught her occasionally glancing at me and then to the door. When (Y/N) and Lilianna entered the room, Integra averted her gaze to a paper that was currently in her hand. "Nice of you to finally join us." I stated sarcastically earning glares from both Integra and (Y/N). "Apologies, but now that we are all here what exactly do you want us to do?" She questioned walking over to where I stood. She was confident that hadn't changed since I had first met her, but her comment lacked the normal finesse they normally held. It seemed she was still saddened by our last mission, somehow, she seemed disheartened even if she had thrown herself into training Lilianna it was most likely just a ploy to escape her memories.

"Lilianna you'll be sent out on an extermination task, the full details are enclosed within this file." Integra stated handing Lilianna a file before turning her gaze to (Y/N) and I. "As for you three, there is going to be a meeting here at the manor Alucard and (Y/N) I expect the two of you to stay out of sight and Seras you will also be required to stay out of sight but you will work with Walter for the time being. That's all dismissed." I watched as (Y/N) sighed and left the room without another word, Seras left as well following Walter. Lilianna vanished from the room as well and I exited via the wall I had entered the wall through.

I was only slightly surprised to find (Y/N) sat in my chair, her eyes fixated on mine in irritated manor. "Your slower than most vampires I've met...." she stated boardly not breaking eye contact at all. She crossed her legs and leaned back, "I believe you owe me an explanation Alucard." She growled. I began raking my mind for any clues as to watch she was talking about... felt like I was missing something...something I should definatly remember...something important...maybe. She caught my attention again when she began laughing uncontrollably. "I was just joking...oh my...that was...and your reaction." She was struggling to muster words between the laughter that was currently responsible for her hunched status in my chair as she gripped her stomach. When she calmed down slightly and sat up she looked at me, "oh I have to do that more often, I haven't laughed that hard ever in my life!" she exclaimed as she caught her breath and wiped a tear from her eye. She cleared her throat a Cheshire like smile still plastered on her face, "you'll be wanting your chair back now i'm guessing."

I took my seat upon my worn chair and watched as she continued to chuckle to herself, "I do not see how that amused you so much, how the hell am I supposed to know if your serious or not?" I questioned. "Oh trust me Alucard you'd know if I were being serious." Finally, she regained her composure and sat on the arm of my chair, "so what is the plan for today?" she asked. "No plans today my dear, we have to stay put or Integra will skin us alive...although that would be rather fun to watch." I stated. (Y/N) sighed and leaned back against my arm resting her head against my shoulder. "Something's coming our way, isn't it?" she questioned. My only response was a wolf like grin plastered on my face.