Chapter 13: Darkness

~Karina's POV~

I looked at Arkin, my face afraid of what could happen. I felt an evil chill as if Raquelle and Hunter were still here.

"We have to go find her." I said. "Where is she?"

"I don't know, but Raquelle always like water so we should check there."

"There's a waterfall close to here." I said. "At morning we should go there."

"But it might be too late-" Arkin started.

"We can't look now." I said. "It's too late." The sky was pitch black. "We should go to bed." I walked up to my bed, and took my sketchbook. "Good night Arkin."

"Good night." He said back. He blew out his candle and I heard him crash into the bed. I on the other hand didn't sleep. I kept my candle lit

and then started drawing. I finished my family's portrait. Then without realizing it, I blew out my candle and fell asleep.

The next day I woke up, and started to get dressed for the search. I put on my dark green shirt and brown jacket. Then I put on my black leggings. I strapped a canteen of water to my belt and put in my knives. I must have been loud because then Arkin walked into the room.

"Breakfast," I said, tossing him a mango. He caught it and took it to his room. "Also you'll need new clothes." Then after changing and eating, we started off.~Katrina's POV~
I gasp for air as I emerge from a purple-It almost looked like black-goop. Waves of it crashed down on me every 10 seconds, with smaller waves coming on top of me in between. It was like a nightmare. One that was recreated over and over and over. One that was never ending.
"Please," (Gasp) "Let me," (Gasp) "Out!" I call as another huge wave submerges me into the goop. In every direction, where the sky was supposed to be was just black. Pitch black nothingness, while around me was an endless ocean of goop. Just as I'm about to be submerged again, all the waves stop, and the goop in front of me starts to rise. It forms a giant shape, and grows eyes. Green, just like mine.
"Hello, Katrina. Well, I wasn't aiming for a twin, but I got a child that looks like me anyway," Raquelle says to me. Her whole upper body is made of goop.
"Wait a minute... Is this all... you?" I ask, looking at all the goop I'm treading on. Raquelle snickers.
"Ew, ew, ew, ew, ew..." I say, trying to get higher above the goop of Raquelle.

 "Your friends and family... will all forget about you." I don't get what she means until she opens up a portal. It takes me a minute to realize where the portal led to, but once I see a figure, I know who it is.

"Karina! Karina, I'm right here! Karina!" I call out, as Raquelle puts her hand through the portal to the real world. She laughs at my efforts.

"Katrina, you're so funny. We look like twins. Your sister won't notice the difference between me and you. Plus, here, she can't hear you. Good luck trying!" Her goopy body starts to melt into the portal. Only some of it falls into the portal before it breaks off. The small pile of goop in the real world then starts to form into the shape of Raquelle until it really is her.

"Bye bye!" She snickers. "Oh, and have fun watching me." Raquelle closes up the portal a bit, but leaves a decently big opening so that I can watch her. This was not how I expected to live as a soul spirit-no, Soul spirits had their souls pulled out but kept their hearts. My heart had shattered, but my soul was still in... but I was a human-I had no heart, so wouldn't I have died? Favin was born with power... Only humans with magic in them could live without a heart... was I magical?