Why am I always getting blown up?

En başından başla

Rhodey spoke up. "It would probably be best if Ecto, Tony, and Spidey were to go. Spidey and Ecto have a more advanced mapping of New York than most of us do- its one thing to pull up the maps and another to know the streets. Tony can provide aerial protection, Ecto is ground, while Spidey can swing between." The army man then turned towards the dining pavilion. "You are welcome to watch- do that IM-ing thing you guys do. We can't have you in the field or HYDRA may know of you."

As the Avengers were waiting for an answer, they retreated slightly into their link, asking questions or just talking. Soon enough Chiron nodded, agreeing to the unspoken terms.

Tony rocketed up, arranging himself so his knees and back were slightly bent. "Come on Backpack! Its time to go!"

Percy shook her head. "Tone. You aren't going to give me a piggy back ride. Just come on. We need to get ready." The woman then walked up the the man, picked him up, and swung him over her shoulder, one arm securing itself in the crook of his knees so that he didn't fall.

The man in question squirmed a little, protesting his position. But knowing resistance was futile, he gave up. "Nice ass Ecto."

Ecto laughed, shaking her head as Tony continued. "Seriously. It's all I can look at. BecAUSE YOU ARE HOLDING ME. PUT ME DOWN NOW."

Percy shook her head again, the group laughing as they walked toward their tent, Tony pouting the whole way. Quickly, the three suited up, exiting the camp.

The other Avengers sat down at their table as three different teens got one sided IMs up and running, hooking onto the three heroes as they took one of their cars and sped away.

Tony was in the drivers seat, Spidey got shotgun while Ecto had commandeered the back. The woman applied her mask, the odd fabric seeming to fold to every curve, her eyes glowing green as she did so. Hearing aids were slid in, the kids watching as they shimmered out of existence. Everyone watched as Ecto seemed to pull weapons out of nowhere, check their condition and working capabilities before they disappeared from her hands, another weapon quickly taking the last one's place.

Tony followed the twisting, turning roads, pushing the car further and further. As the group reached the city, he turned on his siren, car quickly parting the way. The group arrived at the scene, watching for a moment as police tried to capture the two dozen HYDRA agents hijacking a large tech store.

Tony swerved the car, the three superheroes launching themselves out of the car, Spidey throwing Tony his suitcase armor.

The teens watched in awe as no other mercy other than sparing the lives of the agents were given to HYDRA personnel. When their gaze shifted to Ecto's face, they cringed, suddenly grateful that she only glared at them. The SHIELD agent was absolutely livid. If looks could kill, the HYDRA agents would have been dead five times over forty three years ago as they lay in a ditch.

Spidey focused on webbing out any hostages and clogging agents guns. Tony shot his lasers and fired his missiles- they were controlled explosions, the agents not ending up dead but only slightly blown up.

There were engines heard as black cars surrounded the scene, SHIELD agents hopping out, some training their guns on the agents, some helping getting people to safety, while others detained downed HYDRA agents.

"STOP!" A voice called out as they saw a HYDRA agent training a gun on a sobbing little girl. "Hand over Ecto whatever over here and the girl doesn't get hurt."

Mentioned agent held her hands up, the HYDRA agents missing Tony slide a silver tube into her back pocket. As the woman slowly walked towards the still conscious agents, the little girl fled towards Spiderman. Said teen hugged the girl and jumped away, dropping her off with the other civilians so that she could find her parents before he returned to the scene.

One of the evil agents stuck out a leg, tripping her, causing her to fall on a table of electronics.

"Honestly its such a hassle to track you down. It was so much nicer when you were tied down and your mouth sewn shut. So much easier to deal with." A different agent said, grabbing her hair and pulling her up.

The teens in the camp watched as Ecto's hand drifted to her back pocket. Her eyes glowed green and they saw electronics alike glitch as one before going back to normal. If the teens looked close enough, they saw a small chip plugged into the laptop that the agent tripped into.

"You got me. But one thing you shouldn't have done," Agent Ecto said, taking out the thin silver cylinder with a blue dome on top, "you really shouldn't have let me press those buttons. Especially when I have Stark tech." Rolling her eyes at the tube, amused at the design, she pressed the button on the side, a shrill sound resonating from it. In response to this all of the electronics within the store, including the HYDRA agents ear pieces, blew up. The remaining agents along with EctoCore were thrown, the agents luckily not remaining conscious.

SHIELD agents swarmed the downed agents just as a fancy red car pulled up, three people almost immediately throwing themselves out of said car towards the scene. There was a man in a suit flanked by a stern looking woman with black hair and a younger woman with a brown wavy bob, the two ladies in a SHEILD regulation catsuit. Ecto stopped in front of them, smiling.

The youngest woman spoke up. "Why are you always getting blown up?" The agent in front of them just laughed and shook her head.

The man tilted his head towards a man all in black with an eye patch and Ecto nodded, shook hands with the two women, whispered promises of meeting up later, before she was led away by the man with a hand on the small of her back.

As she stood in front of the two men this time she took two fingers, put them above her right ear, and then slid to her forehead. What the teens didnt know was that that motion meant that they were listening in- they would use something far more subtle if their listeners were actually a danger. The trench coat nodded at Stark. "He let us know."

The addressed man nodded, his suit whirring before flying off to collect Peter.

"Remember Agent. No fighting with the allies." Ecto rolled her eyes no matter how right Fury was. It would be illogical to reveal herself prematurely- or even at all. So no fighting anyone or telling anyone who she was. It was honestly so easy to hide though, thankfully. People acted like each other, people have the same ticks. Ecto couldn't even count how many people looked like her. To blow her cover, to show that she was alive, would have ruined six years of her work that was put into distancing herself from most of the gods.

A gruff voice, once again from Fury sounded. "You intact?"

His agent nodded. "You made sure my outfit could withstand my run ins with explosives- of course I'm okay. No concussion no bruises. Widow drilled it into me how I should fall. I'm fine."

To only those who knew Fury, saw him minutely nod. Anyone who accidentally did see, would see it as a dismissal. But it actually was his equivalent of a warm smile and a pat on the back from Fury.

The three Avengers quickly got into their own car and drove away. Their teammates awaited.

Instead of saying update, input ideas of what you want to see. No reveals or anything though I have those planned out.

Happy holidays!