Chapter 8

Kiera frowned as strange objects whizzed past her. She looked at Christina who was looking at those fast-moving objects with great interest. People loomed around them but they did not pay any attention to them.

"What are those?" Christina asked, looking at the objects on the road, her voice sounding like a child in awe of something.

Kiera shrugged her shoulders. "I am trying to figure that out too," she said.

"I think we need to go to the other side, Princess," Christina said, pointing at the single tall building that stood proudly on the other side of the road.

"Are you sure, Christina? I have a bad feeling about going there," Kiera said, wincing as a passerby bumped into her, making her stumble.

Kiera frowned, "Rude people!" She whispered under her breath.

Suddenly, the strange objects on the road stopped and the traffic man turned green. People walked in an orderly fashion, crossing the road and going to the other side towards the building.

Kiera and Christina watched in fascination as the people stopped crossing when the traffic man turned red.

"What was that?" Kiera asked, fascinated that everybody stopped their movement according to colour changes. Kiera and her lady-in-waiting joined the crowd that was waiting for the traffic man to turn green.

Their dirty dresses and well-combed yet sand-filled hair earned them countless stares from the people standing around them. Kiera looked with keen interest at the women around her in stylish clothes, dangerously high shoes and elegant hairstyles. The men were dressed in similar clothing but instead of elegant hairdos, they equipped themselves with black or brown box-shaped bags.

As she assessed their clothes, Kiera noticed that there were no more strange objects rushing past them on the road. However, the traffic man was still red. She furrowed her eyebrows. Was it safe to cross the road?

As much as she wanted to, she was scared that one of that strange objects would suddenly appear and crash into her. She knew that if that happened, she would most probably die.

Out of the corner of her eye, Kiera saw a man notice the same thing as she did. He seemed to be in a rush, his clothes not sitting well on his body frame and his hair looking tousled. Kiera could see a well-defined jaw resting on his face but the rest of his face was hidden from her view.

Despite not seeing it, she already knew that he looked very handsome. If she had not been in a hurry to find a husband, Kiera would have tried to at least befriend him, and maybe, she thought, maybe it could develop into something more than that.

Looking from one side to another, he straightened his shoulders before running straight through the road. It happened in a split second. Kiera watched in horror as he was halfway down the road when a strange object came rushing down the road. If the man did not get out of the way, he could get crushed.

Without thinking of the consequences of her action, Kiera ran after the man, wanting to save him from death, without realising of the extent of danger she was putting herself on.

"Kiera!!" Christina shouted, fear completely coating her voice as she watched her princess run onto the road, with no worry of the death looming over her.

Was she trying to kill herself?

How was this chapter? The fun starts now. The next chapter is going to be a bit crazy, if I go according to the plan that I thought about in my head. If not, *shrugs carelessly* I'll come up with something else.

The book for today is 'Old Rose' by _logogriph. It is an absolutely amazing book and the poems written would either make you fill up with happiness or break your heart (in a good way though). The book is worth your time so you all should go check it out!

Don't forget to vote, comment and share this book if you liked it!

Thank you for reading! :)