“Well when you put it that way I guess it is sweet.”

“I know.”

“Do you think that kind of love actually exists?” I asked.

“What do you mean? Love that can take both people together?”

“Well kind of. I mean like their love was so strong that even though they broke up for a few years and then when they got back together they fought all the time, they stayed together until the end. Do you think that something like that is possible? Do you think that love can be that powerful?”

“I don’t know. Maybe. I’ve never seen it but when two people love each other that much I guess they can do anything.”

“Oh. That makes sense. Do you think love can really last forever?”

 “I think it can. I mean nobody forgets their first love. And some people are lucky enough to be with their first love forever. If the love you feel for that person is strong and the love they feel for you is just as strong, and you both want it to last forever, then maybe. It doesn’t work out in all cases, but I think it can last forever.”

“Oh.”I nodded.

“Why do you ask?”

“I don’t know.” I shrugged my shoulders.

“Well you don’t have to worry about that.”

“What do you mean I don’t have to worry about that? What don’t I have to worry about?”

“You don’t have to worry about my love for you ever going away. I think that no matter what happen, I will always love you.” he said.

“Really?”

“Really” he nodded and kissed my head.

“I’ll always love you too.” I smiled.

-end flashback-

I actually hadn’t thought about that night in a long time. At least, not that much. My thoughts were interrupted when I heard a knocking at the front door. I walked over and looked through the hole and saw it was Austin. I sighed and collected myself. I took a deep breath and then opened the door. He looked more perfect than I remembered. He stood there with his hands in his pockets and when he heard the door open he looked at me.

“Hi.” He said.

“Hi.” I whispered in a barely audible voice.

“Can I come in?”

“Austin, I don’t know if that’s a good idea.”

“Please?”

I sighed before answering. “Yeah okay.” I said and let him in, shutting the door afterwards.

He walked over to the living room and sat on the couch while I stood there not knowing what to say or do.

“So, how are you?” he asked, breaking the silence.

“I’m good.”

“You feeling better?”

“Yeah, much better.”

“That’s good.” He nodded and looked down.

“Austin, what are you doing here? I know you didn’t come to see if I was okay.”

“Well that was a part of the reason. But my main reason for coming over is,” he paused.

“Is what?”