[03]

[Melody]

+

I sat against the cold wall in my bedroom, just sketching in my journal that i missed so much. My room was pretty cold, but I wore my old cut tank and shorts. It wasn't too cold, but it was cold enough for me to want to wear a sweater.

Still, I drew in my journal while blasting OneRepublic.

"If ever your world starts crashing down. Whenever your world starts crashing down. Whenever your world starts crashing down. That's where you'll find me." I sang along to the lyrics.

I drew in the finishing details before looking at it again. I had drawn the trees in the forest, where Allison had taken me to practice throwing my knives. It was a sad day then, and I was angry with Stiles, jealous really, since we had not been dating yet. I remember it clearly, since it had been the first time I had gone to her for help.

"I won't forget." I whispered as I closed my journal. I sighed, and put my art supplies back where they belong. I grabbed my hair in a pony tail before walking over to my dresser. Like I had before, I pulled out my box, where I kept my knives. I quickly changed into a pair of jeans and a denim buster. I carefully pulled them out, and stuffed two of them in the waistband of my jeans. I pulled on my leather jacket and pulled on my shoes. I grabbed my phone from my dresser and dialed Stiles' nu,ber.

"Hey." I heard Stiles say, "What's up?"

"Nothing much. I just thought I'd ask you something." I said.

"Shoot."

"Can you meet me at the preserve?"

"Sure I'll pick you up, but can I ask why?" I heard Stiles say.

I bit my lip, "All I can say is I have an idea."

*

I quietly stepped down the stairs to get out of the house unnoticed. Just as I turned the doorknob, I was stopped.

"Where are you going?" I heard mom's voice.

"Holy. . . mom, I thought you were at work."

"I was, but I came back because I forgot my phone, which I need in case something happens to either of you, but here I am catching you trying to leave."

"Sorry, I should've asked, but I'm going out to the preserve with Stiles and he's picking me up, and he's probably outside right now," I said.

My mom crossed her arms, "The preserve? Why the preserve?"

"Werewolf stuff that don't involve my werewolf brother." I lied.

I watched as she opened her mouth, but she closed it again, "I don't want to know. Just be back before ten." She said.

"Thank you. Thank you. I love you. I promise I'll be back before then."

I heard my mom sigh before I opened the door and practically ran. I heard Stiles honk the horn of the jeep, and I climbed in as fast as my short legs could.

"Drive." I said.

"So can you explain to me why we're going to the preserve now." Stiles asked, "I mean, did something happen with Scott. I doubt he wolfed out at home, but with Scott, anything's possible."

"No, he didn't wolf out. Just drive."

Stiles nodded and drove off to the preserve. Like always, he made it there in record time. He took the key from the ignition and put them in his back pocket.

"Thanks." I said. "Come on." I pulled Stiles hand and dragged him over my the trees.

Before Stiles could ask anymore questions, I pulled out my throwing knives and one into a tree.