Maybe It's a Sign

Previously
"What's up with you getting hurt lately?" He asks and sets me down, our eye contact still intact.

"I don't know, it's a real relationship ruiner too," I giggle. Logan looses all the pigment in his face.

"To soon?" I ask still giggling. I'm starting to feel bad.

"Way to soon," He adds as some of the life returns to his, "especially for you," he smirks.

"Why would you say that?" I ask. I'm actually confused on what he means.

"You, Ayla, are not over me!"

"Pretty sure I am," I smirk. That's what he knows, and all he needs to know.

"Nope! You're not!" He says with a lot of confidence in his voice.

"Oh yeah? Prove it!" I dare him. There is no way he can prove I still have feelings for him.

Suddenly, his lips are on mine. I guess he can.

Ayla
What am I doing? I'm showing him that he's right is what I'm doing. I shouldn't be doing this. I said I wasn't ready, and that means I'm not ready. I'm not going to play with someone like that, but that's exactly what I'm doing right now. Kissing Logan. Oops? I really should put an end to this, but I don't want to. No, no, I have to- oh and here I am on the counter. Why can't I just enjoy a moment like this. You know what, I will! Wait, on the other hand, maybe I shouldn't. I can't do this, but I want to... No!

I pull away. "Logan," I kiss him again. Well that worked well. "I," I kiss him once more, "I can't." He looks at me, confused.

"But..." He starts. I can't let this happen. We are friends. That's it!

"Logan we're friends."

"Ayla I can't be friends, I don't want to! You obviously don't want to either!" How should he know what I want?

"Yes I do!" No I don't.

"Well I can't be friends."

"Well I can't be more than friends."

"Ayla you don't understand, I love you so much it hurts to look at you and know you're not mine." Mine... he wants me to be his... no Ayla, snap out of it.

"Then don't look at me?" I laugh. He stays serious. Logan's hardly serious.

"Ayla I can't do this." What do I do then?

"Then I'll leave!" I snap as I run out the door.

Why did I do that? I want him so badly, but why won't I let myself have him? I need him.

Logan
I can't be friends. It hurts to much. I can't look at her anymore without hurting.

"Oy! Logan!" Evan pulls me out of my thoughts, "What the fuck just happened?" He proceeds to ask.

"I... I'm not sure," I reply. Tears are about flood over my eyes.

"What the fuck are you doing?" Evan asks.

"I don't know?"

"Oh my God, sometimes you are so slow. No, let me rephrase that, you're always slow. Go get her idiot!" He commands me. That's some pretty good advice. I don't know why I wasn't already doing that. Thinking about it, I should really get going.

Ayla
I run down the hallway to the elevators. I'm not risking it like I did last time. I walk to the stairs and head to my apartment.

Logan
I run to the elevators. Damn, I must've just missed her. I click to button. It should be up in a second considering it only went one floor down.

Okay it's been more than a second. Why is the dang elevator taking so long? Screw it, I'm taking the steps.

I run over to the steps. As I near them I see them close. Ayla must've taken the steps! I attempt to open the door, but it's jammed. How does that work? She just went down them. Maybe it's some sort of sign. The elevators not working, then then stairwell doors being jammed, maybe I'm not meant to go after her, but then what do I do? I can't forget about my Ayla...

~~
ayo! how'd you like the chapter? tell me in the comments! reading comments from you guys makes me so happy even if they're just telling me to update. check out me new book Just Another Love Story! be sure to leave a bit if you enjoyed! until next time,
xoxo meg