When Owls sing

PART II OF THIS SUNDAY UPDATE. DONT BE A GHOST READER, LEAVE YOUR VOTES AND COMMENTS! HAPPY READING

I refused to let Hunter go. Seconds turned into minutes but I would not let go for the life of me.

"I'm so sorry" he had said against my lips and I had shaken my head and kissed him some more. I couldn't get enough of him.

"It's over. We're safe now, and so is the baby" I told him and his eyes brightened up, a small smile on his lips. I pressed my lips against his once more.

"How are you feeling?" I asked in a murmur. Hunter shook his head slowly

"Like I just got shot" he joked and I gave him a sad smile. He looked like he was in an extreme amount of pain, but he was trying to keep it together. He did have a shotgun wound on his side forty-eight hours ago, and almost died, but just thinking about it made me nauseous.

"Why did you do it?" I asked him and he frowned, his body squeezing mine against his.

"Do what?"

I sighed and looked down.

"That bullet was for me. Why did you jump in front of it?" I asked and Hunter looked at me as if I had lost my mind.

"Is that even a question, Skyler?" he asked slowly and I kept my eyes lowered. Why was he acting like saving my life was the only thing he cared about? Yes I was grateful I hadn't gone through what he just did, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't have one it in a heartbeat had I known he was going to get shot.

"Yes, it is. Why would you do something so stupid like jumping in front of a bullet for me. You almost died in my arms, Hunter. Don't forget that" I said, biting my lower lip.

"So it would've been better if you had been dying in my arms instead? Skyler, you're carrying my child. I would willingly give my life for both of you any day" he whispered and my eyes met his at what he had just said. He would give his life for us?

How is that possible?

"You can't say things like that, Hunter. What would I had done if you would've died? I can't raise this baby on my own. I'm not giving you up...not when I just found you" I whispered the last part, almost choking on my own words. I couldn't imagine if Hunter had indeed died in my arms in that parking garage. Hunter then placed his hand on my cheek and brushed my tears off slowly, his eyes on my lips.

"Let's hope we don't have to find out ever again. We're having a baby" he said more like a statement than a question and a laugh bubbled up within me. I nodded my head and pecked his lips again.

"We're having a baby" I replied with a big smile. We seemed suspended in our little heaven, and i would've done anything to keep it this way forever.

"How adorable" I heard to my left and my stomach instantly churned. I knew it was Mathews before I even turned around.

"Get out" I said, slowly sitting up, though Hunter had wrapped a hand around mine, trying to keep me there.

"Hunter and I have some business to discuss, Miss Blake. So I would like for you to leave. Now" he said, a small smile on his fucking face

"She can stay" Hunter murmured and Mathews eyes flashed to his.

"That's not your decision" Mathews said

"Well, fuck you. I am not leaving" I said, closing my fists. Mathews sighed as if he was losing his patience and walked in further into the room. Hunter's eyes were on Mathews, but he had an expressionless face. He was studying Mathews.