The Calm Before the Storm

Dont be a Ghost reader. Comment and Vote

"You have to eat. You're not only feeding yourself now, Skyler" Hunter was saying after he brought me breakfast upstairs. I had woken up in a terrible ass mood, stomach in knots and I had been trying to keep my dinner down since six in the morning.

"Leave me alone" I murmured, closing my eyes and enjoying the warmth this blanket provided.

"Stop being so difficult" he said and sat next to me, putting the plate with toast, jam and butter, on the night stand. I took one look at it and shut my eyes.

"Please get that away from me before I hurl" I said gagging. God, it felt like I had food poisoning. Hunter sighed and took the plate with him, leaving the room. I sat up, hand on my stomach, trying to breathe deeply to control my nausea.

Nope

I ran to the bathroom faster than I thought possible and emptied my stomach. God, this is how it starts. I coughed a couple of times, which apparently brought Hunter's attention. When he came back to the room, he hurried towards me, but I had pushed away from the toilet bowl already, flushing it with disgust.

"What's going on?" he asked, helping me clean my face with a wet towel. I sighed and sat on the bathroom sink.

"It's called morning sickness, ever heard of it?" I asked sarcastically. He gave me a look but continued wiping my face with a wet towel

"So that's a thing" he murmured and I rolled my eyes.

"I feel like I'm dying" I whispered but Hunter started laughed and I frowned.

"You're so cruel" I whined and grabbed my toothbrush, brushing my teeth furiously.

"And you're whiny but cute" he said and kissed my temple. I gave him the finger, making him chuckle.

"The stylist will be here soon" Hunter mentioned and I groaned

"I don't think I can do this. I'm so nervous, I might throw up in Dmitry Nikolai's champagne glass" I whispered and Hunter met my eyes through the mirror.

"You can do this, Skyler. Plus, I will be there with you the whole time" he said. I put my toothbrush down after I was done and turned to look at Hunter.

"After we bust this Nikolai dude, we're leaving, right?" I asked, and Hunter nodded once. I sighed and took a deep breath.

"Fine. Let get it moving then"

~.~.~.~

"Oh honey, where's your sense of style?" the stylist, Darius, said I tilted my head and Hunter laughed out loud from the kitchen.

"Stuffed up my ass, that's where" I grumbled and Darius gave an extreme gasp that made me frown.

"She's got a great sense of humor, doesn't she Darius?" Hunter asked after poring himself a glass of red wine.

"Lovely" Darius murmured with a pained smile. I returned a fake smile.

He started working on my face, doing some kind of facial. Then the torture came. Trying to stay still for hours while he played with my face was a complete torture. Hunter walked round, his eyes checking me out the whole time and I tried my best not to smile or laugh A couple of times I failed and Darius started getting irritated, telling Hunter to go away and he complied. But only for a bit, cause soon he was back and trying to get my attention by clearing his throat or just leaning against the wall, sipping his wine and asking Darius every question in the book of makeup, making me bust out laughing and totally ruining whatever Darius had done with my eyes. Darius just about groaned out load and dropped an eyeliner pen on the table, running his hand through his hair.