Mission

Hello guys! I'm back from vacay! thank you soo much for the 1.7 k Reads i am so excited! How y'all liking the new cover?! Also, I made this chapter a tad bit longer and here's the secret y'all have been waiting for ! Enjoy!

-Unedited-

We stared at each other in silence for a mere moment. Though the gun was not pointed at me, the fact he had it on him when he came looking for me was a bit odd.

"What is this?" I finally asked. He looked down at the file I had spread on the desk, then stared into my eyes and sighed.

"This is not how I wanted you to find out" he said and I couldn't hold back frown.

"Find out about what?" I asked, my heart skipping a beat. He took a step inside the room, but I didn't dare move.

"About me. About the reason I'm here" he said, swallowing hard. I looked at the gun again.

"You trying to kill me?" I asked breathless. He sighed

"It's not what you think-" he started

"Like hell it isn't!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, finally blowing up. He didn't react, just stood there.

"Tell me! Spill your fucking lies now!" I kept screaming. I took the file and threw it at him, papers flying everywhere.

"Explain this! Why do you have my information in a file! Who is paying you?!" I asked. When he didn't answer but just stood there, clenched jaw and gun in hand, I walked to the other side of the desk, where there were more files and I just wiped my hand over the desk hard, throwing files and papers everywhere.

"Stop" he said in a low voice.

"Fuck you!" I screamed at him. My hands were shaking, and my breathing was coming out cut off.

"You've been lying to me this whole time?" I asked choking up. He stayed silent for a moment, then nodded once. I choked on a sob.

"You knew who I was because you have been following me, right?" I asked again. And once again, Hunter nodded with a sigh. This time my face crumbled and full on sobs escaped.

"How could I have been so stupid" I whispered to myself. My world was crashing faster than I could handle. When he took another step in, I took one backwards.

"Stay away from me" I said, pointing a finger at him, ready to bolt if I had to.

"Skyler, let me explain, it's not what you think-" he tried again

"Shut up. Shut the fuck up" I said through clenched teeth while tears streamed down my face shamelessly. So they had finally sent someone to kill me. Took them long enough.

"And to think I could fall for you, Hunter. How could you do this to me" I whispered and I saw his face crumble

"Skyler...Sky, please. Let me explain, it's not like that..." he was saying but I could barely breathe, I felt like an invisible hand was choking me, and I didn't know what to do. I was starting to feel dizzy, but I refused to back down.

But while I was struggling to breathe Hunter jumped into action. He dashed towards me and pinned me to the wall, a scream tearing through my throat. I tried to hit him as hard as I could but my fists did nothing against his sculptured body. In three seconds he twisted me on the floor and in his arms, and put a white towel on my nose and mouth, cutting off my breathing in half. I didn't smell anything funky but I was hyperventilating in his arms, and my vision was blurring up. His green eyes stared down at me while my hands pushed at his body, my nails cutting into his neck and chest. He groaned at the cuts but didn't let me go. However, he looked down at me as calm as he could be, trying to keep me pinned.