Dawn

Okay guys so haha please don't kill me with this chapter. Dont be a ghost reader tho, please vote and comment your opinions! Happy reading

-Unedited-

I stopped breathing. Literally. I tried to blink my eyes multiple times, hoping that I was just merely tired and I was starting to see things that weren't there. I reached out and touched his side, and my fingers were instantly coated in red.

No...

"Well well well...." I heard to my left and found Dmitry walking my way with two other body guards. His arm was bleeding profusely, yet he was smug and acting all mighty. He was carrying a gun that was still smoking.

"You son of a bitch..." I said breathless. Dmitry smirked slowly, and continued walking towards me.

"I am sure I told you to forget about your fuck boy. Now I'll give you a reason to do so" he said. I crawled from under Hunter's arm and stood up slowly, hoping I could distract him somehow. But hunter had to live.

He had to.

"Your issue is with me. Leave him alone" I said slowly. Dmitry laughed, and motioned for the guards to get me. I took off.

Fuck this...

I ran to the elevator, but to my grief the doors didn't open in time. The guards wrapped their arms around me and dragged me, kicking and screaming.

The louder I scream the faster they'll find me

I used my hands and feet, kicking them and trying to rip their eyes out. But they soon realized leaving my hands untied was a very bad mistake and decided to painfully twist my arms behind my back.

Dmitry watched the scene with a smug expression, gun in hand, and completely ignoring the bloody mess that Hunter was.

"Bring her to me" Dmitry said and the guards pulled me towards the mob lord. Fucking Christ....

My fear was starting to bubble up, but there was something else too. My sense of self preservation and my anger were also crawling out. The need to protect Hunter was becoming overwhelming and It was driving me to think the craziest things I could do to hurt Dmitry.

When I was finally brought to Dmitry, and there was only mere inches between him and I, he smiled and inched closer to me

"You're not going to see the sun come out, dearie" he whispered. So I did the only thing I could.

I spat at him.

Bad move, Skyler...

Dmitry seemed caught of guard at that, but soon his shock turned into anger. And the next thing I knew, he backhanded me, cracking my cheek for the second time tonight, this time harder. I breathed through the pain, my eyes set on the ground, trying to show I wasn't scared.

"You want more?" he asked furiously, and then buried his hand in my hair, and just about dragged me out of the guard's arms, my screams tearing through the parking garage. It felt as if he was going to rip my neck off with how hard he was pulling. He dragged me a couple of feet away from hunter, but not once I begged for him to let me go. If he was going to hurt someone else, let it be me.

"You think you're very smart, don't you? Well, I'll show you what a smart mouth will get you" he said and to my shock, he pulled a knife from his back pocket. He then pulled my hair back forcefully, exposing my neck, and put it the blade to my neck. Oh so slowly, he dragged the tip along my skin but not hard enough to cut me completely open. Just enough to nick me. The burning made me groan in a guttural animalistic way.