"Thank God," I heard Ian mumble from inside the car, opening the side door and climbing out hastily.

"What's his problem?" Dylan voiced my thoughts.

"He's been like that ever since a couple days ago, I don't know what's gotten into him. He's usually cracking jokes non-stop. He's acting like love sick puppy," Hayden said.

I shrugged, "he's probably PMSing."

A new round of laughter echoed through the car as we all got out, and I greeted the people on my team, making a beeline towards where Ian went.

What was wrong with one of my best friends?

Chris' Point Of View

"We are not watching The Notebook!" I spat out the name like a bad taste in my mouth.

Salem and Erika stopped their pillow fight to stare at me with wide eyes, "that's my favorite movie!" Erika screeched.

My eyes widened as I took a step away from the angry teenage girls with pillows and furious expressions.

"Uh..." I giggled nervously, I-I meant..."

"We know what'cha meant," Salem told me, a creepy ass grin on her face.

"What is this? The Purge?" I smiled, an idea coming to mind. "We should watch The Purge!"

"Is that a scary movie?" Meleah asked, a fearful expression on her face.

I rolled my eyes, "not at all."

She had a doubtful look on her face as I put the movie in the DVD player.

The flat screen in our living room shone brightly with the opening page of The Purge, and we saw various scenes.

Macy came back into the room, two huge red bowls of popcorn, and multiple bags of assorted candies.

"Yes!" Meleah screamed happily when she saw a bag of M&M's.

Macy laughed, tossing her the bag, which Meleah greedily ate up.

"What are you girls watching?" Zach asked, walking into the living room where our pillows and blanket forts were set up, "and C, Gram's at Bingo Night and wants to know why you aren't answering you're phone."

"It's 'girls night.'" Meleah told him in a 'Duh' tone.

"Well whoopdy-do, answer your damn phone," he bit back sarcastically.

"We can't!"

He rolled his eyes, "girls are stupid."

"We're watching The Purge, and no, you can't stay."

His eyes widened, "I didn't mean it! C'mon Chris! This is the best non-scary movie ever!"

I laughed at his whining, and he was supposed to be turning 19.

"Leave!" Macy and Salem yelled, throwing handfuls of popcorn at him in the process.

"Bullying!" He called over his shoulder, "I'm inviting some of my friends over then!"

"You don't have friends!" I yelled to him.

"You'll see!"

I rolled my eyes and looked at the girls worriedly, "what if he really does invite people over?"

Meleah looked down at what she was wearing, and I did the same.

She was wearing a pair of polka dot booty shorts, and a tank top, just like most of us.

Erika, Macy and Meleah were wearing booty shorts, all different colors and styles, with solid color tank tops, while Salem and I both had on short black spandex and black sports bras.

We had similar style.

"I'm not putting clothes on," Salem mumbled, "it's too fricken hot!"

We all nodded in agreement, and shrugged it off. I highly doubted he made close enough friends to invite over to the house at night.

The TV counted down, "3...2...1, all crime is now legal," and the digital clock on our TV flickered.

So did the lights.

"What the hell?" I asked no one in particular.

"What if they're outside?" Meleah's quiet voice asked.

"Lee, the movie didn't even really start yet."

"Why'd you trick me into watching a horror film!" She cried, Erika and Macy agreeing with her.

The lights flickered again, and we all sat there in a stunned silence.

"What. The. Hell." Salem said, "it wasn't even raining when we were shopping!"

"But it's pouring now!" Meleah complained.

The small table light flickered twice, before a long darkness overcame us.

"Well," I said, and Meleah screamed, "the power's out."

"Now it's a real sleepover," Salem said from next to me.

"Shit, we don't have our phones for light!" Macy said.

"Where'd we put them?" Erika, the reasonable one, asked.

I shrugged, then realized they couldn't see me, "don't ask me."

"Boo," Zach's voice rang through the silent room, causing all but Salem and I to scream.

"Damn it Chris and Salem! You guys are immune to being scared!"

"The others are pansies!" Salem cheered, and we tried slapping hands, but I ended up hitting a face, and Salem's hand hit my shoulder.

"No fucking high fives in the dark," Macy muttered quietly making me laugh.

"Sorry Mace!"

A bright light illuminated Zach's face and I realized it was his phone, "my friends will be here in four hours."

"That's such a random time," Erika commented.

I saw Zach's shoulders move up and down once, his lips curled into a smirk, "they had something to do first."

He shot me a wink, and I had no idea why.

"What?"

Just then, a huge clap of thunder sounded outside, disrupting the peace, and making Lee scream, again.

Zach started talking again. "Actually, it got cancelled, they'll be here in twenty."

"Oh, joy." I muttered sarcastically, earning a few laughs and a death glare from my brother.

"I have a feeling you'll like them."