"What?" I can't believe that Ach asked me that.

"You heard me." I looked at her and her eyes were showing that she's only curious.

"1." And it was true. Ach started to laugh.

"What?"

"Y-you...Alex..." And she continued to laugh.

"I'm telling you the truth." She stopped. "I was only with Sienna. We were together for 2 years. I don't even know how did I make it out alive, but I'm happy that she's gone."

"Just with...her?" She asked serious.

"Yes. And those rumors about me being a womanizer..." She cut my sentence.

"Are true?" She said hurt.

"No! I never slept with anyone! Not even with Sienna." I explained quickly.

"Wow."

"Surprised?" I asked the beauty before me.

"Very. Especially with the virgin thing."

"What about you? Any boyfriends?" I hope not...

"No. Never." I'm her first?!

"Really?" I asked.

"Really. I mean, who would want to be with me and actually love me?" She laughed but you could tell it was forced. She hung her head and started to play with her fingers. I pulled her closer to me and saw that her eyes were glossy when she lifted her face.

No.

No, no, no, no.

I will not watch my mate cry.

"Baby...no...shh." I hugged her to me and kissed her hair. I cradled her and hummed a soft melody in her ear. I heard her sniffle and then I knew for sure that she was crying. Just when I wanted to put a blanket over her to keep her warm and calm her, she ran out of my arms into the bathroom. I tried to open the door but she locked herself.

"Cupcake, open the door." I softly pleaded.

Nothing.

All I could hear was sniffling and quiet sobs.

This is killing me.

"Ach, you're hurting me...open up." I put my forehead on the door and waited again. 

Same as before.

"Alex..." Her now raspy voice said in a whisper.

"I'm right here." I answered. Is she going to open up?

"Did...did you ever love someone who hurt you? And even though that person hurt you, you still cared about them so fucking much it hurt to breathe?" She asked. Well...I was never in a situation like that.

"That's a very painful way to love someone. Did it happen to you?" I asked.

"It did. And then I found out something about him..."

"What?" Who was he?

The door opened to reveal a puffy eyed girl that had tears all over her face.

"I found out he's my mate."

My heart stopped. Did she just...

"What?"

"It's you, it's always been you. I...I love you." She admitted.

Holy crap.

My mate loves me.

She told me those three little words I longed to hear ever since I found her.

Achelle loves me.

She always did.

I pulled her closer to me and whispered in her ear:

"I'm going to do something and you can stop me if you want. Just let me do it because I've been dying to do it since that night at Tara's when we felt our first tingle. Are you letting me?" She nodded her head and with that...

I PRESSED MY LIPS TO HERS. 

MY GOD. 

HER LIPS ARE MAGIC. 

SO SOFT.

She froze for a moment and then closed her eyes. Tears streamed down her cheeks and I placed my lips on her cheeks to collect them.

I hate to see her cry.

She still had her eyes closed when I put my forehead on hers.

"Open your eyes." She complied and, when I saw how much sadness they showed, my heart sank. I scooped her in my arms. "Don't ever run away from me when you're crying. I want to comfort you." I lifted her up and started to carry her to her room. I laid her down beside me and pulled the covers over us. I hugged her and she placed her forehead on my chest. My baby...

"Thank you." She whispered.

I lifted her face to my eye level and looked at her. "What for?"

"For taking care of me while I'm being a big, crying baby."

"You are my baby, I'll always take care of you. And people cry, it's normal. " I kissed her forehead and connected her's with mine.

"I forgot to say something." She looked at me.

"I LOVE YOU."

And then I kissed her again. But this time...she kissed back and I could feel her love.

In that moment, nothing else mattered.

Nothing else but the girl in my arms.

My everything.