Chapter 3 - Already Here

Start from the beginning

"But she was one of the last people to find out about what was going on anyway. I can't blame her for not remembering." I point out.

"What he did to you isn't something that I could forget as easily as her." She snapped, but then frowned as she realized what she had said.

I gave her the most comforting smile I could as I put my hand on her shoulder. "I know, you're a big part of the reason I was able to get out of that situation. Of course, it sticks with you more, but let's try not to ruin our evening by thinking about it."

She nodded as the elevator doors opened and we hurried outside. I was grateful to discover that it had warmed up a bit from this morning. Once I had hailed a cab and Mackenzie told the driver where to head, she started on a different topic.

"So, you never really told me about what happened that night in that club you went to without me."

"Didn't Lea tell you?"

She waved it off. "She told me how outrageous she thought the place was and that you had disappeared with some guy while she suffered with a drunk Blake to take care of. That's not the details I wanted. I need to hear more about this guy."

I let out a dry laugh, "Well, first of all, I didn't disappear with anyone. I got separated from them thanks to the crowd and I ran into the guy in the process. He was actually nice enough to volunteer to help me find them again."

"But how did you end up dancing with him then?" She asked with a smirk.

"When he spotted where Blake and Lea were, he asked. I didn't see why I shouldn't at the time." I confess as I recall that moment.

"Did anything else happen?"

I felt myself blush as I remembered his words. "He asked me if I would ever partake in anything like what was going on around us and how he could show me what it felt like."

She wiggled her eyebrows. "Lea told me that she found him kissing on your neck, is that true?"

I nodded as I turned my gaze out the window.

Mackenzie giggled, "That actually sounds amazing."

I shook my head as I chuckled myself. "It kind of was."

"So, do you still talk to him?"

My giddiness faded at that. "No, all I know about him is that his name is William."

"How sophisticated." She joked as the taxi finally stopped at our destination. "Oh well, there are always more men of London for you to fool around with."

"I don't think he was actually from here, he didn't have an accent."

Mackenzie and I hurried over to the ticket booth, getting in line with the rest of the crowd. I had no clue when the show was supposed to start, but the group of people waiting outside began to grow rapidly. When we finally reached the ticket booth Mackenzie insisted that she pay for us and I knew better than to try to argue with her, she's the most stubborn person I know. Inside the first band's instruments were being set up and a small gathering of people was already in front of the stage.

"So, where were you wanting to stand?" I asked as I peered around.

"How about over here?" She suggests, pointing to the left side of the venue, where it was fairly empty.

The lights finally went down and the audience cheered. Kenzie and I nodded our heads to the music as the first band played. As the show went on I found myself loosening up, actually enjoying the performance these bands were putting on. By the time the last band was up next the room was charged with excitement and the number of people in here doubled.