Chapter 25

The cabin was completely empty except for all of us who huddled just inside the door, and a large area rug. The man in the suit kicked up the rug to reveal a door cut into the wood, and then lifted it up to reveal a dark, thin, set of steps.

"Everyone down, and be careful," he instructed us.

Each of us followed the guards down, arms outstretched to use the walls to keep from falling in the dark. When we reached the bottom, we were in another small room, only this one looked as if the walls were made of steel. Off to the side stood a steel door with a tiny keypad on the wall next to it and a light blue light above the keypad. The man in the suit typed a few buttons on the keypad and the steel door slid open.

Through the open doorway, I could see a long hallway, the walls made of the same steel as the room at the bottom of the steps. The guards and the man in the suit wasted no time as the led us through a door all the way at the end of the hall. This room was also steel, and the only thing inside of it was a large steel cage in the center. No one said a thing to us as the man opened the cage door and pointed inside. One by one we stepped inside of the cage, Wes grunted at the man as he passed him, while Declan jumped at the man in an attempt to scare him. I guess if we were going to be treated like an animal, Declan most of assumed we should act like animals. Only the man didn't budge an inch, except for the smile that grew on his face as he closed the door behind us, causing another keypad on the wall to glow red.

"You kids aren't as scary as you think you are," the man stated, locking his dark eyes on Declan.

The two guards that had escorted us all the way from Landry's now stood on each side of the room's door, as the suited man paced in front of our cell.

"Why are we here? What is this place?" Wes asked, stepping close to the bars.

I could hear the tension in Wes' voice like he wanted to yell but was doing everything in his power not to. Not giving a damn if the guards or this asshole saw, I stepped up behind Was and placed my hand on his shoulder. He was having trouble keeping control of his emotions, his shaking body beneath my fingertips was evidence enough, and I wanted him to know I was there for him. Strangely enough, I was more worried about him, Sage, Declan, Lolly, and Lucas more than I was worried about myself. Hell, I was worried about Alicia too. She may not have been in that cage with the rest of us but that didn't mean she was safe. I could only hope she saw us taken away and had gotten out of there, running as far away from that place as possible.

"This is one of the organizations secret security bunkers, and you all are here because you killed those kids at Landry's," the man stated calmly, though the smile on his face said he was enjoying this little exchange.

"You'll be kept here until we determine whether or not you can rejoin us in the fight against The Gate Keepers. While you are here you will address me as Sir and will restrain yourselves from any outbursts," he added.

Lucas shouted through the bars, "You can't keep us here! We didn't kill them!"

Sir walked up to the cafe, his nose practically touching the bars, and said, "You are a product of tainted and evil blood, your cries of innocence mean nothing to me."

It was with those words that Lucas threw out his hand and a wave of fire exploded from his fingers. But the man stood his ground and as the fire connected with the metal bars it arched up and extended to the top of our cell, never piercing the exterior of the cage.

Sir started to laugh, a big belly laugh laced with taunting glee, like a villain in a movie.

"Use your powers if you want, it won't make a difference. This cell has been enchanted by a warlock we caught escaping the dark portal. All you'll end up doing is wearing yourselves out, as well as hurting each other," he announced once he had controlled his laughter, and then added, "or kill each other."