Chapter 22

KK's POV

Back to the Mayor's place. The place is busy as usual. I walk over to the elevator. As I press the button, I heard a noise, a scratch - probably cables. The elevator gets to the place where the Mayors office would be. Guards glance at me, giving an welcome wave, and I awkwardly wave back, uncomfortable about it. The office is shut so I knock and no answer.

I knock again...

And again... what the...

The door opens with Danny. He had a tired expression; Mayor must of given him a reckless talk. I notice he's wearing a black T-shirt, showing his toned muscles, and jeans. He looks so normal like a cop who gone rogue.

"Um..." I shake off the nasty thoughts. "I'm here for you Danny from Ripley." He sighs with those thick hands rubbing the crust in his eyes. He looks back at the smug smirk Mayor in his old leather chair.

"I will talk to you later."

"Better be quick. I want to talk to her too since she has the ridiculous evidence from Ripley." He leans back, hands folded. How did he even know? His smile is more wide towards the ends of his ears.

That bastard.

"Not now, Mayor."

"Oh yes, since she is a friend of the suspect."

"Suspect?!" Teeth flashed and gritted hard enough to break.

"Please-"

"No Mr. Ford, she has to understand, including you. You see, Ripley always has been obsessed with the Red Death so long! you ever think does she want revenge, be more popular, or even be working with him?"

"Work with him?" I was baffled. He really is an idiot. He always rumored Ripley into the headline of the news and how she is a survivor, the face of rebellion and vengeance, then went to Ripley being a target to criminals, how she is the real Batman coming out the comic books and being a girl, young, and stubborning to commit herself to find a killer, even if it kills her.

"Sounds stupid but can be logically possible. Although, she didn't actually kill a person after her incident. She is reckless, always in every scene of crime and why. Thats why I want every reporter to know about her, her family, which is only her aunt, and see the truth will come out from that rotten little girl."

I couldn't stand there as he has the hand of power, thinking he knows everything.

I stride up and slap my flat palm so hard against his right cheek, making him jump in shock and disbelief. Anger boiled over and the rage came out so quickly. "Shut up you bastard. I am tired of you're lies, you're gluttony of sitting around, doing nothing for this good city, not a single bit, and how you always target on Ripley! Did you have parents who died in front of you? Did you ever think those reporters are destroying her life of something normal yet they come to her door and think she is a celebrity! You make me sick! I hope you never become the Mayor for the next years!"

Turning back, I snort when Danny expression is shocked yet also relieved and satisfied. He takes me out in the hallway while I push the box towards his chest. "Here. This is everything she has brought. Like everything."

"Thank you." He appreciates. "That was very bold of you Kayla." My face became flushed, eyes glance down to not make any eye contact or I'll be more embarrassed as ever. "It wasn't much. Just me blabbering." I replied.

"No," he huffs in disbelief, "you did something that should shake up the Mayor into his sense. And being a very good supportive friend to Ripley."

"You too." I smiled. "You are the first person who is very good to her and a nicer cop." He chuckles, a blush appeared in his cheeks. Guess I'm not the only one who blushes crazy. "Can you tell me if Ripley's really okay?"

Is she really okay?

More like distance from something. Fragmenting pieces in her own conscious.

"I honestly do not know. If you are Ripley, she always her own space, thinking a lot. She isn't a person that you can easily read her. She is a closed book."

"True." He nods in understanding. "I kind of care for her. She is a strong, incapable girl. Yet haunted by her past. Will see you soon, goodbye."

"Bye." I watch as everything slowed down as he walks over to the elevator. He is very sweet and charming at the same time. It is good that a person like him understands and knows how to be honest and caring for a person and never be too close to their personal space.

"...Perfect." A deep, very thick voice spoken softly; a voice appeared somewhere. I look every directions, walking a bit but more sound came. The closer I get where I was left off to the beginning, the sounds are more definable. The voices are muffled by doors which are the Mayor's office.

That was the Mayors voice as I lean over to hear more. He's frantic, spatting out nonsense, speaking to the deep, savy voice. When going into the office before, I didn't see anyone there, only him and Danny. There was another door across the left side of his desk.

"...Please! J-j-just take enact hung you want. Whatever, p-p-please, don't hurt me."

"Baby...you are looking fine today!" I open slightly to peek through. "I love this, seeing the real man you are. You're a sick cat before I even got here." The voice chuckles and as I open more to see the whole picture, I witness something I shouldn't have ever witness for my very own eyes of something too morbid.