Chapter 4

Good thing that Park Slope street, I can walk into place, such as Java Jones Coffee shop. I tried tea with honey in it and taking a sip it wasn't quiet bad at all. I called the detective Danny for information about this attack and knowing about Adam and his buds.

I look around the room, uncomfortable about this. I've been through an interrogation before. Except it is not the typically the same environment: an empty room that is dark with only a lamp shinning down the metal table. I hated those interrogations, question flew by you and it's only a second to answer. But this is different yet I feel discourage. After all the nonsense, I glance a sight of the curly brown hair and the dashing green eyes. I notice his clothing is the same with the classic detective trench coat.

Danny comes in, sitting comfortably while the waiter orders for us. "What can I get for you?" The Southern accent nearly killed me; too fake and it is straining her voice.

"I'll have a median coffee with two cream, three sugars." She writes as he orders.

"Coming right up." She goes and I chuckled. "You know, sugar isn't good for you. Especially for you coppers."

"That's a stereotype rumor about cops," his coffee comes in steamy and hot, "thank you. So your Ripley Glass right?" I shrugged my shoulder.

"I guess everyone knows."

"Actually no. Just trying to classify if you are that person."

"No. My actually name is... Lamy-ding-dong." He smiles and I frowned the stupid statement. "Sorry, shouldn't be judging a cop. I dealt with the stereotypes before so sorry to offend you."

"No, you can do or say whatever, I'm used to insults." I was actually surprised to hear about it. This Danny guy is totally different from any cop I been through. "I never expect you as a good cop."

"You thought that every cop is all serious about their suspects, force themselves to barge into people's privacy. I'm nothing like that."

"Really, why join?" I wondered about him.

"In high school, I used to be the jokester, the humorous man in school. However, my parents wanted me to be better than this. My grade jumped frequently in junior years. I explored ideas and college and I look back at my grandfather, was in the army. He was so devoted for people, the family, and his country, and I want to help people, make a difference. So, long story short, I became a cop. I know that some stuff, I don't need to be dead serious." He glanced a charming smile then faded away. "So tell me about what happen specifically?"

I told him about where I was going to meet Adam about my auntie can't make it. That was one part I lied. I know he's looks like a good guy but didn't want to be freeware by him so I lied only one part. Also telling about where I bump into Adam's workers and that's where it started. "So that's it. Can you tell me who did this?" He perks his lips and sips his coffee as I sip mine.

"Since our victim was frantic and all but we are still tracking on what he's saying and who it was and will find them. Raise a courting and hope that person, the criminal will be charged with treason." He gets up and fixes his jacket. "Well, thank you for calling. I'll see ya next time. Goodbye."

"Bye." As he walks away, KK and Ethan walking side by side, holding hands for jokes, somehow came along and I waved their attention. Ethan catches it since he has a brilliant eyesight and can spot fast like an eagle. "What were you two doing?" She raises an eyebrow and is smirking, appalled of Danny being with me. I rolled my eyes; she probably thinking of us being very naughty but that's horrendous. Ethan smiles as well before he orders a hot chocolate for KK and for him a mocha.

"Nothing. Just talking about the scene that happened yesterday."

"That's good, I don't need another friend whose obsessing an older cop." KK bawls over, Ethan chuckles gingerly as I give him the death glare. "Are you kidding me? You think I like him? What about you KK, you agree?" Her eyes scan off, not daring to look at me.

"Maybe..." I cringed my nostrils, flaring at her as Ethan giggles as a little girl until I look at him and he stops. "What?! He's cute that's all." She replies.

"That's all?! He's in his thirties, too old for us and personally, I'm not into cops. I hate them," Cops are the worst people I hate and hearing little about Danny, he's different. Nothing like any cop or the cops in movies; most of them, are nothing compared to him, "but..."

"But?"

"He's just different. Friendly" I had a hit of tint pink in my cheeks and tried to think of something else. The waiter gets their drinks and all of us take a sip. "At least he's different. Other cops would of boss you around, ordering you to do their betting." I told Ethan of how cops used me to ask me every single detail of my past incident and Ethan one day overreacted by beating the same cop. He despises them but I know he won't break the rules or kill them.

"Danny is totally different. I feel as I'm not caged, letting myself speak everything. He's carefully generous. A classic gentlemen, like you Ethan." His cheeks flush and eyes wonder off, sipping more of his mocha. KK leans back her seat, slightly covering her mouth."Ripley and detective Danny, sitting in a tree. K-I-S-S-I-N-G. First comes..."

"Shut up!" I throw salt at her face and she gasp and sneezes while Ethan blocks it and laughs with me. Then she combats me with the pepper shaker and throws it. I sneeze as well, so loud it made everyone in the shop to stare back at me. We laughed so hard our stomachs hurt; it's so good I have them as best friends.

Good I redeemed myself and my friendship.