Chapter 11

This couldn't get worse.

Everyone is school rumours me again about it. How I seem him, how I will be taken by him or I am him because... my past.

Bullcrap.

School ended and I picked up all my arrows. Long recurve wooden bow, turkey calls, a bag of water and food, and a 270. Remington rifle with me. The house is close to a forest where I see some turkey calling by.

I wanted some meat and two, to have some space. Usually dad doesn't like me going hunting. He used to chase down hunters who were poachers, terrible people who go for the trophy, the kill, and chasing poor deer, especially ruining other hunters. The first time when Ethan parents introduce him for his care of hunting, I decide to have lesson from his father. Dad was pissed that I lied and Ethan's dad took lesson. I love him yet we both had different styles of who we are, know what we think of hunting, plus I'm not going to hurt myself. I can myself carefully with a gun. Always been taught that treat a gun as its always loaded, even there's no bullets in the cartilage.

I take thirty minutes of walking, came to a stream and followed it. It took me to a river. Probably a nice way to fish here. I could stay here forever. Never worry about people talking over me again.

I know I am not crazy. It's that saying of seeing is believing deal. I seen and still believe.

I finally decide to come back home, empty handed and start from there.

-:-:-:-

The sketch is not bad. I became bored and draw out the Red Death as a mugged shot. I did remember every deal in his face. The hallow cheekbones, sharp edges in his face, yellow snake eyes and the red skin. Then starting to organise a set if clues.

The clipboard hanged over my drawer where I will cover it up with posters so no one will know but me.

Newspapers, pictures website of all where the Red Death is and have been to and killed. Ribbons been connected to the next and even to the mythological supernatural elements come creed to it. Mostly devils, demons, hell dimensions, all fake stuff that might be possible.

It felt odd and dangerous to do this. I'm trying to figure out a killer with no one to believe me and I have no protection so why.

I don't really know. I feel like I should do something.

I can't just stand there, be waiting until he might do something. He might even come after me. I know what he looks like but I'm a suspect. He defiantly will kill me or worse.

I should prepare myself. I should defend myself before anything. But I shouldn't be alone. I'm a little scared of it, being in a quest of finding out about him with little information and being all in attention where he could find me.

Yes.

I need someone to believe. My friend can help but I don't want her in danger as well. I don't want her to deal with what I been through.

I kneel slowly and sighed. I prayed and I never did. I don't really believe as much but there has to faith, right. I prayed. Long and hard for anything to give me a chance.

I ended it.

Auntie calls out from the kitchen of supper being ready. I sticky tax the picture of him into the middle of the board and unfolded the posters, covering and sealing the whole thing. I take a moment of relief and thought to it and went downstairs.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Auntie went to work, leaving me more on research. There was nothing on who he is or what made him this way. I can't find it. No one will listen to me but maybe Danny. I pick up the phone and call Danny. "Hello?"

"Hey, can you meet me in the same place we go in a couple minutes?"

"I was about to call you later as well. Well, I will be there in ten minutes. Goodbye."

"Bye." I end the line.

Perfect, I hope.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

We sat there in an awkward silence for a minute, staring at the donuts we had. I slowly reach out and take a bite. I hum delight. "It's really good. Want any?"

"No thanks." I take another bite. "Look, I came not to hear you talk about the Red Death appearance." Well, crap. I lowered my food back on the plate and sighed. "But, I been able to tell people if they are lying or speaking the truth and when I saw you talking about him, you were... uh-"

"Crazy like the Joker?" He chuckles.

"In a way but your eyes were in shock. Fear. You might heard the phrase 'seeing is believing', eyes capture memories and your eyes can never lie." I became fascinated by his speak, almost forgetting what he had to say. "I know you seen him, doesn't matter he is a real demon or not but you spoken the truth. I will work and talk with you. Help me get this killer."

My heart is beating in surprise. Excitement, I am not a crazy person, I will have help. Someone will stop the Red Death before anything happens. I reach. "Let's do it partner." I put a terrible cowboy accent at 'partner'. He laughs and little bit cringes at the accent and shakes my hand.

"Will do."

Yes, I am going to help the cop and stop the Red Death.