Chapter 15

I watch from my window. Someone is helping aunt Dana to bring boxes at the backyard. Dana talks to the person and... she's flirting. The person I see is just looks some average guy; middle aged, he thinks. Kinda professional looking, to be honest.

I can't really see him clearly from so far away, but I can make out that he's got a bit of a brown straight hair, his hair slicked back neatly. Wait - is that short trench coat? In a hundred degree weather?

Unless he's Castiel from Supernatural.

I watch him more intently now. Mostly to see if he'll die from heat stroke.

The man turns and WAIT!? Is that Danny!?

Danny closes the door as Dana thanks him and she is still flirting and-oh god- he blushes.

I averts my attention when they both are making their way into the house. Dana calls my name as she walks into the house.

"What's going on?" I asks, curiously, surely standing in front of them now.

"This is Daniel Ford-."

"I met him before." I said, nonchalantly.

"Oh, yeah. Danny here comes in at my work and also helps out the art collection." She explains. Right, I forget her new job is an art collector. Selling, trading or buying art but how is Danny involved with this.

"I just thought I should help your aunt through the way" He smiles.

"And it was thoughtful of him so I invited him over to eat for supper.

"What?" I replied, hoping that I didn't hear it right. Why would she do that?

"It's the polite thing to do." She says, as if he was reading my mind.

I would argue, but I knows her. I'm not getting out of this one, so I sigh, letting Danny come in.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Mostly in the table, I ate quietly, ignoring Danny's presence and hoping he doesn't spill out the conversations between his case towards my aunt. Another I ignored him was because Dana kept going on and on about his life. He talks about he was a football player-what a joke. I imagined him as a geek guy who is only popular to play pranks on the teachers. He talks about college, getting Bachelor of Laws Enforcements and finally getting the dream job as a cop. He did like being a detective yet as a kid, a cop has the action, even watched Die Hard.

I'll give him points for watching Die Hard. But his boss chose him as a detective. It's alright but not what he expected. After my stomach couldn't handle more, I brought all the dishes and clean them when Danny comes in to help.

"You sure it's the right place?" He clears his throated he scrubs the grim on the plate. "Yes." I replied, not looking at him.

"So," I tried, "what's with you and my aunt Dana?"

"Oh, me?" Danny chuckles, "We met at the gallery a few time," A few times? Wow, I did not expect that. Considering how he used to be the football player in high school, "I love art. Another thing about being a cop. So I accidentally bump onto her and that's there."

"Oh," I said, "That's there."

Danny claps a hand onto my shoulder.

"Zip it." Danny blushes, I smiled.

"Yeah, sure." Carl replied just eager to get out the truth.

"Well," he begins but suddenly stops, hitching his breathe. "I want to talk to you about the place and.. something else."