Chapter 12

Actually Danny will stop the Red Death and I, Ripley Glass, will be a witness and bloodhound. I thought it would be a little more fun. I thought it would be in the books, a simple character foes into a new word, spreads their minds and has to go deep into dangerous places and conquer evil and save people. Or be the actions movies like Die Hard. I did think about myself being in Die Hard.

But I sit and do the directions.

I told KK about this and she became jealous that I became a cop but I told her I work with a cop, especially Danny, and I'm barely doing any cool action. Auntie knows a bit but I only told her I'm a witness only.

He asks me questions of what happen the day I met him. I told him what started, who was with him, and how he escaped. Some were detailed because I still can vision them, others were blurs like the sidekicks with the Red Death and where they taken off.

"Anything else?"

"That's all." He closes his notebooks and stops the recorder. "I will look and see what I got, ok? Want me to drop you home?"

"Sure." I replies with no hesitation.

As he dropped me off, I waited for the moment to walk twenty blocks away. The sun is very warm with the breeze cooling me down. Suddenly I hear a trash can crash.

Slowly I walk, step by step as I move closer and closer to the spot. I spot a homeless man, cursing himself on the ground as he tries to clean himself which has been already dirty before the dump in the trash. Once I take a glimpse of the short bleach blonde hair, I chuckled, impressed. "Man, you were so close on beating over a garbage can. Tell me, do you feel satisfied?"

He snarls but smirks. "Hello Rippie."

"Hello Devon." Devon, I met was around at a young age. Where I became the typical pre-teen runaway and that's where I met up Devon. He's cool in a way, kinda an butthole yet he can be helpful and also caring. Another is he knows the city, what's happening, who's behind it, and all the details to it. "You've grown much. Thirteen?"

"Close, but twelve." I answered. "Devon, you heard about the Red-"

"Yes, I heard," he growls as he searches for dirty food, "how he's back. Caused a flame, destroyed a whole bridge, and also the Ripley girl is coming back to her routines." His flaring brown eyes scorned at me. "I know what you're trying to do and I told you before, be like a good-little school girl and go home!" He kicks the can. I sprite to slow him him down.

"Wait! Listen to me," I strongly grip his wrist, "I'm doing this because I am a suspect. A cop needs help to find this...thing and take him down. I'm not doing this for some reason of my stupidity or revenge, this has nothing to do with it. So my god, stop being a grubby homeless man and help me for...twice."

A long silence broke between us until a heavy sigh escapes his mouth.

"There's some rumours about the Red Death finding members. Gang lords, lethal criminals; bad people. Now, if I was them, I would be scared as s-heck of the boss because he works alone and if he needs gangs! they usually die or get betrayed and be in jail. But, now they are joining him, you know why?

"Because he might have this catch. Something that be a lot worth to risk. Whatever this is, they will join, no matter if it is life or death between their new boss, the Red Death."