[Part 16] A bittersweet end. [Final!]

Recap: Jayy found out the truth about Shadow so she went back to her brother who is now threatening her with a knife, can Roxie, Dahvie and Jayy get to her in time?

(Still Jayy’s POV just saying)

"Roxie what the fuck is going on?!" I exclaimed as she sped off in the direction of Shadow’s house.

"Troy is a fucking psycho ok? My mom and I have had to come get her continuously because he bashes the shit out of her because he blames her for their parents dying and having to look after her, but she always fucking went back because she thinks she can help him, but ever since he started shooting up again he’s gotten worse, last time we almost lost her, he’s never done this before though." Roxie said as she drove crazily with tears leaking out of her eyes.

She finally pulled up on a curve and got out of the car with me and Dahvie right behind her, the door was locked so both me and Dahvie knocked it down running in.

"SHADOW!!!" I screamed running through the house.

"NOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

I followed the scream and found Roxie in the kitchen where a guy, who I assumed was Troy was having a nervous breakdown in the corner covered in blood, a knife was in the corner and on the floor bleeding out on the floor was Shadow.

"Shadow!" I exclaimed as I dropped to my knees next to her brushing her hair out of her face, she wasn’t moving…

I put my ear to her chest but didn’t hear her heart, I screamed out and began CPR, shouting at Dahvie to call 911.

"They’ll be here soon." He said as he hung up.

"YOU FUCKING SOULESS SON OF A CUNT!!!" Roxie screamed as she lunged for Troy who whimpered from the fear of Roxie’s wrath, thankfully Dahvie held her back.

"Roxie stop it won’t help!" Dahvie exclaimed.

"NO! YOU FUCKING LOOK WHAT YOU FUCKING DID TROY!!! YOU RUINED YOUR FUCKING LIFE SO YOU FUCKING HAD TO RUIN HERS TO YOU FUCKING WORTHLESS PIECE OF SHIT!!!" Roxie screamed fighting to get to the sobbing Troy.

"I-I-I didn’t mean to…I swear…" He said as he sobbed into his blood stained hands.

While all this was going on I continued CPR on Shadow, tears streaming down my face, finally she coughed up some blood but didn’t open her eyes, I pressed my ear to her chest and heard that beautiful sound of her heart beating, I placed my hands on the stab wound in her stomach to try and stop the bleeding.

"Come on babe keep your heart beating." I whispered as I placed my jacket over the wound and applied pressure again, she was going cold from the blood loss and wouldn’t last much longer if the ambulance didn’t get here soon, I blocked out Roxie screaming at Troy and focused on Shadow, even covered in blood she looked beautiful, right now I didn’t care if she was a woman or a man, I loved her, and I couldn’t lose her, not now, not ever, not without her knowing the only thing I wanted was to spend the rest of my life with her.

"Sir move away!" One of the medics exclaimed as I was moved out of the way, they got her in the ambulance and I got in with her, watching them have to resuscitate her twice before we finally made it to the hospital.

I heard them talk about medical stuff like hook her up to morphine and other shit, I ran with them as they moved her to the emergency room for surgery but I was stopped by one of the nurses.

"Sir you need to wait in the waiting room!" She said holding me back.

"No get off me I need to be with her!" I exclaimed fighting against her and about 4 other nurses trying to get into the room, I had to stay with her, she needed me.

"Jayy, come on, you need to let them do their job so they can help her." Dahvie said as he held me back, I slowly stopped struggling and followed him back to the waiting room where Roxie finished talking to the cops that were there, she was in tears.

Hours passed slowly, I continuously paced the room almost tackling any nurse that came out for news of my darling Shadow but none of them would answer, finally after what seemed like eternity, a doctor came out asking for me, Dahvie and Roxie.

"Is she ok Doctor!?" Roxie exclaimed, tears starting to fall again.

"She flat lined in surgery but we managed to bring her back, she’s not out of the woods yet but she’s conscious." He replied.

"Please can I see her?" I begged.

"She needs rest son, I don’t want her stressing out too much after a surgical procedure like that." He answered.

"Please, I need to tell her how I feel about her, just please." I begged as a single tear left my eye, he stared at me with a thoughtful look on his face before sighing and telling me her room number, I sprinted to her room like there was no tomorrow and stopped at her door slowly opening it to see her hooked up to life support and her stomach bandaged, when she saw me her eyes filled with tears and she tried to sit up but I dashed over making her lay back down, not wanting her to open her stitches.

"Jayy I’m sorry, I’m so sorry." She sobbed reaching out and putting a hand on my cheek, I smiled and placed my hand over hers, "I didn’t mean to-"

"Shut up you idiot, I know why you did it, what I don’t know…is why I’m in love with you when I’m supposedly gay." I said with a smile, as soon as I said that her heart monitor showed that her heart skipped a beat, which made me smile wider.

"You…love me?" She asked.

"Yeah, more than anything, almost losing you killed me inside, I was so scared I would never get to kiss you again or tell you that I don’t care if you’re a girl or a boy or about all the shit that happened, I love you Shadow, and I want to make things work and be with you." I murmured as I cupped her cheeks with both my hands and pressed my lips on hers in a sweet passionate kiss, I couldn’t imagine life without being able to kiss those perfect lips of hers after I pulled away she hugged me tightly and started crying, I crawled in bed with her and wrapped my arms around her tightly.

"One thing though." I stated.

"What’s that?" She asked.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" I asked with a smile.

"Of course I will." She said with a wide grin snuggling into my shirt.