[Part 3] Try it.

Recap: Shadow agreed to live with her friend and her brother came looking for her.

“Don’t worry Shadow, Mama Rox can hold her own!” Roxie grinned with a wink at me.

I looked down, I still wasn’t certain, but I guess it had to be done at the end of the day.

“Here you can use my phone, the number’s blocked so he won’t know where you’re calling from.” Roxie said as she held her phone out to me.

I nodded and slowly took it, dialing Troy’s number, I trembled as it rang, praying he didn’t pick up.

“Hello?”

Damn.

“Troy? It’s me.” I said quietly, my hands shaking.

“Where the fuck are you.” He growled, I flinched at the harshness of his voice.

“I’m running away. I can’t take you hurting me anymore. And I’m going somewhere you’ll never find me, so don’t bother trying.” I said as I began to shake.

“YOU’RE NOT FUCKING GOING ANYWHERE!!! TRY AND FUCKING RUN I’LL ALWAYS FUCKING FIND YOU! UNGRATEFUL LITTLE CUNT!” He screamed into the phone.

“Goodbye Troy. I love you.” I stated before hanging up cutting his ranting off before burying my face in my hands as I started crying again.

“It’s ok Shadow, he can’t hurt you anymore.” Roxie smiled as her and Mom hugged me together.

“Why don’t you go upstairs and have a nice hot shower?” Mom suggested, stroking my hair.

I pulled back and slowly nodded, wiping my tears away.

“C’mon, I’ll help.” Roxie smiled as she stood up and helped me up.

“Bring her clothes down Roxie and I’ll wash them.” Mom said earning a nod as Roxie began to help me up the stairs, my head was spinning but it wasn’t too bad.

We finally reached the bathroom and Roxie undressed me and ran the water for me, we’d seen each other naked on multiple occasions so it wasn’t awkward for either of us, she threw my clothes downstairs to mom and got a band shirt, some shorts and underwear to wear until mine were washed and dried, and once that was done she sat in the bathroom talking to me just incase I fell or something, I caught her staring at my multiple bruises and cuts and finished up wrapping a towel around me.

“Need help getting changed?” She asked.

“No I’m fine.” I replied as I put on Roxie’s batman underwear then slipped the shirt over my head and pulled on the shorts, as I did, I heard shouting down stairs.

I looked at Roxie wide eyed and went to open the door but she pulled me back and locked it clamping a hand over my mouth.

“Shhh, shhh, it’s ok, just be quiet.” She whispered to me as tears welled up in my eyes again.

“She’s not fucking here Troy and even if she was I wouldn’t let the likes of you anywhere near her! She came here for clothes and left now get the fuck off my porch before I call the fucking cops you abusive little drop kick!” Mom screamed from downstairs.

‘Go Mama Rox…’ I thought as Roxie stifled a giggle.

“If I find out you kept her from me I’ll burn you and your fucking daughter alive!” Troy shouted back.

“Fucking try it!” Mom screamed back before slamming the door.

We heard footsteps and then a knock on the bathroom door.

“It’s ok girls he’s gone now.” Mom said from the other side.

Roxie got up and unlocked the door and hugged her tightly.

“Jesus I didn’t think I had that kind of language in me.” Mom laughed.

“He’s not gonna stop is he?” I asked as I looked up at them from my spot on the bathroom floor.

“He’ll give up and shoot up sooner or later babe, stop worrying so much.” Roxie said as she helped me up.

“No he won’t Roxie, he’ll keep coming for me.” I sobbed.

“C’mon hun, can’t have your face all swollen for the concert tomorrow.” Mom smiled wiping my tears away.

“I can’t go, he knows I’m going, he’ll be there waiting for me.” I said quietly.

“Hmm…” Roxie said as she frowned in thought looking at me.

“What?” I asked raising an eyebrow.

“How badly do you wanna go to this concert?” Roxie asked as a grin crept up on her face.

“I’d do anything.” I said as I tilted my head to the side not getting where she was going with this.

“I have an idea. I’m going out, be back soon!” Roxie grinned before leaving the room and then the house.

“What’s gotten into her?” I asked.

“I stopped wondering that a while ago.” Mom said with a laugh, “C’mon hun let’s go sit you down.”

She helped me to my room and put the TV on for me and even tucked me in, it was nice, I’d missed this sort of love, I hadn’t had it since…a long time.

“I’ll be having a nap sweetie, come wake me if you need anything alright?” She smiled.

“Ok Mom…thank you for everything.” I said, she kissed my forehead and left the room and I watched Batman for a while until finally I heard Roxie come home and race upstairs dumping a bunch of bags on my bed.

“What’s all this?” I asked.

“You said you would do anything to go to this concert right? Even though Troy will be there?” Roxie asked.

“Yeah…?” I questioned.

“Well, he can’t find you if you’re not you.” She smirked tipping a bag upside down to reveal a bunch of boy shirts.