Sting x Shy!Reader AU: Project

(Y/N) (L/N) was shy to say the least. She had been this way for as long as she could remember. It didn't help her case that she moved schools this past year. Now she was finally adjusting to her new boarding school in Crocus. She knew the people, but not closely. She had made only friend, Rogue Cheney. He taught her everything he knew about the school, the people to stay away from, the evil teachers, and all that good stuff.

      Rogue's teachings were partly why (Y/N) dreaded the words of her teacher when he had paired everybody up for a project, "-lastly, Miss (L/N) and Mr. Eucliffe will be partners."

      Sting Eucliffe was the most popular boy in the academy, and he was a player to say the very least. The one boy the Rogue had specifically said that Sting was the devil incarnate, and Rogue was a pretty accepting guy. According to Rogue, he and Sting used to be the best of friends. But one fated day during the first year of high school, things changed. Rogue never spoke of the details of the day, and (Y/N) respected that while heeding his warning about Sting. Everyday Sting came the tree where they sat at during lunch and tried to talk and flirt with them. Rogue always got him to go away fairly quick.

      "Now you all may be wondering, 'Mr. Mardoe, why have you paired all of us up into boy-girl pairs?' Well, the answer to that is simply, my dear students. We have finished up on our health class earlier than usual this year, so the school bought a bunch of baby dolls, and you'll be parenting them for the remaining weeks of this year. With your partner, of course. You guys will chose a name for your tiny human and you will choose one of your dorms to live in. After eighth period I want you all to come back to get your baby dolls. Class dismissed!"

     The next period (Y/N) had was lunch, so she finally could talk to Rogue and complain about her new assignment with that Eucliffe. She walked to her locker and grabbed her lunch, then she went to the spot under the tree where she and Rogue at mostly every day. He was already there when she arrived. "Hey, (Y/N). How are your torturous school hours treating you today?"

     "Torturously, of course." (Y/N) replied in a funny tone to Rogue.

     Rogue looked at the girl, concerned, "How so this time?"

     "I got paired with Eucliffe for the baby project in Mardoe's class." (Y/N) said with a sigh.

      "Ouch, that's going to be difficult."

      The sound of footsteps approached the two rejects, followed by a way to familiar voice, "What do you mean 'that's going to be difficult.'?" Questioned Sting, with a hand on his hip in a sassy manner. "Weren't we ever friends?"

     "You tell me that." Rogue responded to the blond haired boy, his words like venom in the air.

      Sting looked away, "Whatever, it's not like I'm here for you. I have to talk to the lovely lady who's sitting beside you."

      "Feel free too. I'm not going anywhere." Rogue nonchalantly said as he began to eat his lunch. Sting tried to speak to (Y/N), but in return, he kept getting sarcastic comments from Rogue. Especially when he proceeded to flirt with (Y/N). Some of Rogue's comments were priceless. From 'Don't be such a goddamned flirt' to 'Oh wow! A baby! I'm sure (Y/N) can handle two of those. One of course will be easier to handle clean up the messes of. That is, the small infantile one.'

---

      The end of the day came too soon, and (Y/N) was soon back at the doors of Mr. Mardoe's classroom. As soon as she walked through the door she was greeted by Sting Eucliffe, and a wailing baby doll. Everyone who was getting the dolls from the classroom was silently glaring at him. He looked to (Y/N) frantically and shoved the doll into her arms, "I can't take it anymore! Make it stop!" He screeched throwing his hands to his head.