Alzack x Reader: What Could Have Been

~8 years earlier~

    Alzack and (Y/N) were 17 at the time, they had been friends for a long time. They'd joined the guild together just a few years before, and were happily partners (In more than one way *wink wink*). The two were currently on a mission fighting little evil leprechauns.

"Al! Watch out for that one-" (Y/N) sliced it with her swords. "You really need to watch out, your weapons are long range, not short range. That could be potentially dangerous."

Alzack sighed, "You worry way too much, I could've handled it." Since he was flexing his arms indicating he was 'strong enough' a slightly bigger leprechaun hopped on him with an evil grin.

"Hey there boy. I'm Josh, the leprechaun President. I'll be avenging my people now, since you've killed many of them." President Josh laughed a strange high-pitched giggle.

"My god..." (Y/N) said in shock as she walked over to Alzack and Josh, "You're so cute!" The swordswoman squoose the leprechaun's cheeks.

"Hey!! I'm not cute! How dare you defy me woman, I bet you were a mistake!!"

(Y/N) laughed, "Alzack! He's even more cute when he's mad. Can we keep him?"

"WHAT!" Alzack screamed.

"I SECOND THAT!" Josh screeched. "You know what! Men, retreat! The woman is crazy!"

"Wai-"

"What is it woman! For the love of GOLD!"

"Can you stop terrorizing this town? Maybe move to Magnolia...." (Y/N) trailed off.

     The President Leprechaun stood blankly, "You think I'm that dumb? You guys are Fairy Tail mages, FROM Magnolia, I'm not moving my people there. I will move out of this town, however, if you leave me alone."

---

"Well, that was a fun mission." (Y/N) stated as the two were walking back.

"At least you had fun." Alzack laughed. "I don't ever want a leprechaun anywhere near me again."

      The pair got back to the guild around two days later, to find it destroyed. Apparently Macao and Wakaba had started a drinking contest, and Laxus and Makarov had joined it, therefore wrecking the guild. They'd started rebuilding immediately, and for once it wasn't Natsu's fault. Everyone was miserably lifting planks while glaring at the four trouble makers. Finally (Y/N) and Alzack reached the guild and were to, forced to help rebuild.

---

     After the guild was all back in shape, Alzack decided to take (Y/N) out. And by out, they meant going to a restaurant, and the waiters happened to be Ichiya, Hibiki, and Ren (Because Eve wasn't a Trimen until Jellal and The Tower of Heaven.) Those three were constantly flirting with (Y/N).

"If you don't know what to order, just take your time. That way there's one more beautiful thing besides the fountain to look at" Hibiki winked.

Within the second of Hibiki walking over to stand by the fountain, (Y/N)'s foot was on his head, drowning him. Her actions were causing a huge commotion in the restaurant, but he deserved it. Hibiki was flailing around trying to get oxygen, but (Y/N) wouldn't budge.

Alzack decided to make a joke, "Do you know how to save a drowning waiter?" He paused as everyone stared blankly at him, "Take your foot off his head."

    (Y/N) did, and the two were escorted out by the manager, but she gave them a gift certificate and told them to go home and order in. "Honestly," she chuckled, "I was getting ready to do the same thing to those boys. They flirt too much, however we were understaffed so I had to hire them. Sorry again for their behavior."

Once they got home and ordered in their food they started talking about anything and everything.

"Hey sweetie, you know the new girl in the guild, you went on a mission with her the other day right?" (Y/N) asked.

"Mhm," Alzack nodded, "we got that snow globe on that mission. Anyways what about Bisca?"

"Nothing really, it just seems that you've been going on a lot of missions with her."

~2 Weeks Later~

(Y/N) kept getting less and less time to spend with Alzack, until she decided on going on a 100 year job request. She packed up her clothes and keepsakes overnight and in the morning she said her goodbyes. (Y/N) had felt extremely out of place when Alzack and Bisca walked in the guild, and walked up to her.

"Why do you have a suitcase?" Alzack asked, tilting his head.

(Y/N) sighed, "If you happen to care, I'm going on a 100 year mission.. Goodbye Alzack Connell, it was nice dating and knowing you."

---

~Present time~

    It was 8 years since the day she left. She'd missed out on Lucy, Juvia, Wendy and Gajeel joining the guild, Lisanna dying and coming back, Mystogan leaving, Laxus getting excommunicated and returning, Phantom Lord and Fairy Tail's war, the Grand Magic Games, and Team Tenrou leaving and returning. Not to mention Alzack and Bisca getting married and having Asuka. She would return to the guild today. It was early in the morning, so (Y/N) went to Erza's dorm room.

"Oh. My. God. (Y/N)! You're back!!" The mages chatted and got caught up on all that had happened.

---

As Erza and (Y/N) walked through the guild doors they could feel stares of wonder at who the cloaked figure was. The first person to speak happened to be Asuka. "Mommy! Daddy! Who is that?" She pointed at (Y/N).

"We don't know yet, honey," Bisca replied.

    Laxus walked from where he sat and pulled her hood down, "Well, it's about time you get done with that job. I was starting to get worried something had happened, (Y/N)." He patted her back, "Old Geezer! I think a celebration would be a great idea for her return! Liquor for all!!"

It didn't take the guild long to break out banners and beer. (Y/N) had to catch up with all of her guildmates, and meet her new ones. She was observing Alzack, Bisca and Asuka the whole night until she was the only one who remained, just thinking: What could have been.