Lyon x Reader: Pairs

(Y/N) never wanted to compete in the games, but Toby had fallen down the stairs and she was the only strong guild member left. Despite her protests, here she was, in the midst of battle against Ren and Eve from Blue Pegasus. Luckily, Lyon was also with (Y/N).

    "Watch out (Y/N)!" Lyon called out to her as he blocked an attack that was headed straight towards her. "Be more careful."

    (Y/N) rolled her eyes at the ice-make mage's concern as she fought Eve. A bead of sweat dripped from her brow as the clanking of her swords intensified, her close range combat was getting too much. "Lyon, hold them off. It's time." (Y/N) ordered, referring to her secret attack method. He nodded obeying her wishes as her twin swords changed into rifles. The unexpected change of weapons meant Lyon and (Y/N) had the upperhand.

    "How? Did she just -ouch!" Eve was shocked at the sudden transformation, and his sentence got cut off from a blow of ice to his side.

    Ren became enraged at the actions of the of the ice-maker but soon, he too fell to the Lamia Scale wizards. The fight ended almost as quick as it started. "With that Lamia Scale wins the match!" The announcer announced with excitement dripping from his voice. "They're now just two points away from Sabertooth!"

---

     Weeks had passed since the conclusion of the Games, and as much (Y/N) had dreaded competing, she had to admit she was glad she had. That one match had sparked a wonderful friendship with Lyon, she and he had become partners now. The were an unbeatable pair of friends and wizards.

    When they got back home from one mission, (Y/N) asked, "Lyon, is there a reason you always worry?"

    "Yes," He responded without turning his head.

    "Well?"

    She heard an exasperated sigh escape his lips, "It's because," His normally cool demeanor vanished as he became flustered, "Well, I erm. I care about you."

    (Y/N)'s eyes widen as he finished stringing his words together, "You care about me? What is that supposed to mean?" she pointed to herself as to clarify her words.

    "Yes."

     This was a normal occurrence with the two. Lyon would respond to (Y/N)'s questions or her comments with one syllable words when he didn't want to talk to her or when he found she was being to chatty. As much as it irritated her, she couldn't be angry at him if she tried. The rest of the walk back to town was silent. (Y/N) was confused, first he said he liked her, then he refuses to talk anymore. It just didn't make sense.

     When they arrived at her doorstep, her heart was heavy and she felt like crying. She could feel the lump form in her throat and her eyes becoming watery. She wanted to ask him more questions about the matter, but she wouldn't dare speak, she feared a tear falling if she were to do so. (Y/N) took out her keys and began unlocking the door. She turned around to wave to Lyon when he grabbed her wrist, "(Y/N), you're sad. Why?"

     Those words added to her confusion, and she snapped, "What do you mean why?! You tell me you care about me and then you don't even finish the conversation! Do you know how much it would hurt a person to hear those words from their crush and then remain in an awkward silence for nearly an hour!" She barely breathed as she squeaked her rant all at once.

     "I thought you knew what that meant."

     " 'I care about you' could mean so many things, like 'I care about you as a sister', or 'a friend'. Dare I even say 'lover'? Which one did you mean, boy?" She shook his shoulders.

     Lyon cracked a grin that made him look like a lovesick schoolboy. "This is the first time you've ever gotten angry with me. I meant as a lover. I care about you as a lover. And I take it you like me back, since you called me your crush." His grin turned into a smirk of triumph.

     (Y/N)'s face turned as red as a tomato, she had called him her crush in her rant without noticing. "I did what now?" Lyon gently laughed at her as she looked back on the ramble. "Darn. I did."

     "It was a good thing that you did." Lyon said, 'Because now I can do this." Lyon embraced (Y/N) and leaned down to kiss her.

     Yeah, things between those two would be alright from now on. They were a good pair in more than just one way.