Natsu x Dying! Reader: Ghost

Natsu ran his fingers through his hair as he waited outside of the infirmary at Fairy Tail, he was sitting down shaking his leg repetitively. He knew as soon as someone left that room, his life would be different forever. Forever. (Y/N), his wife, went into labour the night before. She was luckily at the guild, and Wendy helped (Y/N) until Porlyusica arrived.

     The blue haired girl sheepishly stuck her head out of the room. "Natsu?" Natsu jumped out of his chair wide-eyed and waited for Wendy to say something, "It's a boy. You can come on in now, (Y/N)'s holding it."

     Natsu walking into the room to see (Y/N) holding a beautiful baby boy, he grinned and went to them, " What're we naming him?"

"I was thinking Lukas," she smiled at the baby in her arms.

    "Yeah, yeah. That's a wonderful name for him. He's wonderful."

(Y/N) handed Lukas to Natsu, "This is your Papa, yes he is." She spoke in a baby voice to Lukas.

-Timeskip-

     It had been nearly a year since the was born, and Natsu was itching to go on a mission with his old team; including his wife, Lucy, Gray, Happy, and Erza. They decided to leave Luke with Gajeel and Levy for the mission, knowing that he would be safe there.

     On the train everyone was pumped, well, not everyone. Natsu was close to vomiting, but other than that, everyone was pumped. "I spy something with prickly points."

Gray sighed, "(Y/N), when you say it like that, it's obvious that you're talking about that cactus."

    "Don't be rude Gray." Erza replied sternly. "I thought it was the porcupine, so it wasn't that obvious."

"I think it's the punk kid three seats over." Lucy added, pointing at a preteen in his rebellious stage.

    (Y/N) laughed, "You guys are very optimistic, but Gray wins again. Oh, here's our stop." she nudged Natsu, who was lying on the ground, "Love, it's time to go."

    The six got of the train and headed towards the town. They had a bit of a long walk, but it was pleasant. The trees were just getting their leaves, the flowers were budding and blooming. The sky was a clear blue, with the exception of about five clouds. Tiny little birds were just learning how to fly, while the baby bunnies were all starting to hop out of their dens. It was the perfect spring day, much like one right out of a book.

    Once the group reached the town, the mayor ran towards them immediately, "My, my! Are ye the wizards from Fairy Tail? Thank you so much for coming to me humble town. Le critters are just about to come out. They do everyday around this time of the night. I'm a going to go back inside."

    Just as the strange mayor made his way inside, many of those 'critters' appeared. They were a bunch of beasts, and they were huge. Natsu was the first to attack one of them, followed by Gray, and Erza. Happy, Lucy, and (Y/N) just stood dazed for a minute, but it wasn't long before (Y/N) ripped into one of them. "Light Make: Spear! Light Make: Wings!"

"Fire Dragon Secret Art: Flaming Lotus!"

     "Light Make: Meteor Shower!"

"Fire Dragon Iron Fist!"

     The two rotated their attacks at the beast they were fighting. It was all going well, they got it to fall to the ground in about an hour. It seemed easier than it should have been, but that didn't stop Natsu from putting his guard down, and having a victory dance.

    The beast rose up again and when to attack Natsu while he was shaking his butt vigorously and doing jazz hands and feet. "Natsu, watch out! Light Make: Shield!" Her attack blocked Natsu from harm, but not herself. The beast's attack ripped through (Y/N)'s abdomen, causing blood to splatter everywhere- That's when Natsu lost it, he attacked that beast like there was no tomorrow. This time it feel to the ground, for good this time. But there was no victory dance now.

"(Y/N)! No, you've got to wait. We can get help, just hold on!" Tears were streaming out of Natsu's face like waterfalls. "Come on honey, you can make it through this."

    "Hush now, Natsu. I love you, remember that, always. Tell Lukas that I love him." With that, she faded out of that world.

---

      The train ride back to Magnolia was silent and dark. Natsu wasn't on the floor with sickness, he was sitting, with (Y/N)'s locket in his hands. There was a depressing aura surrounding the grieving father.

      Back in town, Natsu went to pick up Lukas from the Redfox's. He opened the door to see a smiling Gajeel, "Salamander, I want to thank you for letting us babysit little (Y/N). He's the cutest little guy out there."

"Yeah he is." Natsu said with almost no emotion, "Where is Lukey?"

      "Levy has him, come on in." Gajeel led Natsu through the house, "Where's the (L/N)?"

      Natsu glomped Gajeel, "She's gone. It's all my fault too! I let my guard down, and she shielded me and forgot herself. I'm lost without her." Gajeel was shocked, not only because Natsu was hugging him, but because (Y/N) was gone. After Natsu's breakdown, they reached Levy and Lukas. There Natsu told the whole story, holding the locket in his hand the whole time.

"M-m-mama." Lukas's first word was mama.

-Timeskip-

       This year, Lukas was turning fourteen. He wasn't awoken by his dad though, Lukas was awoken by a glowing blue. He rubbed his eyes and put on his glasses to see a beautiful, (hair-colored) woman in front of him. She looked rather familiar, he tilted his head trying to remember what from. Then he saw it. His locket was hanging from the glowing woman's neck. Lukas looked down to assure that he still had his mother's locket on his neck. He did.

      The woman smiled at the teen, "Lukas. It's been too long. I've missed you, my dear baby boy. Happy Birthday Lukey."

"Mom." He was flabbergasted. Opening the locket hanging from his neck, he looked at his mom's picture, and then the woman. It was her.

      "Son." Lukas got up from his bed and tried to hug her, but he went right through her. "Hey, let's wake up Pinkie, shall we?"

       Lukas chuckled, "Pinkie? Gosh! You're exactly how Pa described you, even as a ghost." The mother and son marched to the master bedroom where the snoring dragon laid to sleep. The closer they got to Natsu, the louder the snores got. "Pa? Hey Pops!"

  "Ngh....what is it Luke....ugh," Natsu sleepily replied.

(Y/N) put her hand on her hips, "That's no way to treat the ghost of your wife who found a way to be visit the guild. Rude."

     He shot up like a seesaw, "(Y/N)!" then he saw that she was a ghost, "Ghost!" then he remembered she was his wife, "Wife!" Natsu also tried to hug, but went straight through as well.

      "Husband!" She jokingly mocked, grinning at the actions both Natsu and her son had done. This was the best gift Lukas could wish for, his mother returning to his life after thirteen years without her. The reunion of his parents. Even though one was a ghost, their love was still enough to enjoy time together.