[Edo] Natsu x Reader: Years From Now

"Hey Mysto," (Y/N) was hitting a balloon up and down, swirling around on a spinning chair, "have you ever met Natsu?"

Mystogan was at his desk, writing some documents, "Which one?" he asked with a little smirk.

(Y/N) rolled her eyes, "The only one I know, you pain."

"You could say I'm a royal pain."

 "Answer it you doofus," (Y/N) stopped spinning and look him dead in the eyes, "You just got back about 2 years ago from Earthland, so of course I mean Natsu Dragion."

"Yeah, I have a couple times. I think he's afraid of me." Mystogan rearranged some papers on his desk, "Why do you ask?"

         (Y/N) sighed as she got up to look out the window. "Ever since you left to destroy the Anima, I've made friends at our Fairy Tail. I guess I'm just hoping you can take care of them once I'm gone. I know you've met the others." (Y/N) walked to the door and turned the handle.

"Don't worry (Y/N), I will." Mystogan responded. As (Y/N) was about to leave the door, he spoke once more, "And (Y/N), you're not going to leave. I'll make sure of that."

"I hope," She thought.

---

         The next morning (Y/N) went to Fairy Tail's guild hall. She was talking to Gray and Cana. Not much had changed since the day before, it was rainy, unlike yesterday, and (Y/N) was a little more pale and weak. The members of that guild all knew what was happening to (Y/N). She had lasted longer than most have, defying the most definite medics they had in Edolas. She had contracted a life-threatening disease, that only lacrima treatments could fix.

       The guild knew that her best friend, King Mystogan, was trying to find a way to save her from dying. It must have broke their king's heart, after reuniting with her after nearly 10 years, to send her away to Earthland. He was sending messages to Porlyusica, and they were constructing a portal that could get one person from Edolas to Earthland. The bad part was, it wouldn't be strong enough for a second trip, a trip to return (Y/N) to Edolas. If they were to send her to Earthland, she would be stuck there forever.

       Edolas had been out of lacrima ever since King Faust's demise, and (Y/N) had gotten sick not so soon after. They had no magic power, other than the remaining power from the staves Mystogan had used in Earthland. The staves were useless for everything, the wouldn't provide much power, only enough for one person's trip from Edolas to Earthland.

       That was the plan they were hoping for, at least. It was on a hunch that Porlyusica had made. Natsu was the most worried, he was hoping to bring her back, some day, years from now. He loved (Y/N), but he was worried to tell her. That was before, now Natsu was ready to confess. He was going to take an old screw from his old car, and make a necklace out of it. Before she would leave, he would give it to her.

       "Come on tiger," Lucy violently patted Natsu on the back, "Now, you only have a day. Tomorrow she's gone. Forever. So, ask her on a walk, talk to her for a bit, go in for a kiss, and give her that necklace."

"Oh, O-kay..." Natsu mumbled as he walked over to Gray, Cana, and (Y/N). Natsu sat down next to Gray, and across from (Y/N). He meekfully looked down at his hands.

"Hey Natsu!" (Y/N) exclaimed.

"H-h-hey, (Y/N).....?"

"Yes?" She tilted her head, in curiousity.

"Uh...Follow me," Natsu got up and walked outside (Y/N) followed.

"What is it Natsu?" (Y/N) asked after they'd been walking in silence for over an hour.

      "Um," Natsu reached into his left pocket and got the necklace out. "I made t-his with a screw from my old truck.." He walked closer to (Y/N) and put the necklace around her neck.

She looked down at it, "Aww, Natsu, that's sweet!"

"Heh heh," Natsu scratched the back of his neck. "Oh, (Y/N), I'm going to kiss you.." He wrapped his arms around her and kissed her.

When the two parted lips, (Y/N) was still hugging him, "I love you Natsu."

      "I love you more. And I promise, Mystogan and I will find a way to get you back to Edolas once you're healed. Even if it's years from now. We'll get you back, you'll be healthy, and we'll be together again."

--

A/N: Hey guys!  I'm back from my unannounced hiatus (Sorry)! I'll be posting regularly now. Also I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a Q&A Chapter..?