Amy smiled when the footsteps stopped. "This way" She ushered and let little Claire hold her hand.

"Follow us mister" She heard Claire say enthusiastically as she led the way.

T_T

Daniel found himself standing infront of a rather old shop. The Masons; wasn't one of those flashy shops. In fact it seemed like a second hand bookstore from the outside. He entered after the two girls did, rather involuntarily, cursing himself for actually going out of his way to follow them.

The porcelain door chimer made clicking and clashing sounds as they entered. For a second he thought it almost felt quite homey, but the thought vanished even faster than it came to him.

Apparently the store was rather big from the inside and books weren't the only stuff it had. There were antique lamp shades and things he had a hard time placing names with. Yet again he couldn't bother anyless to even try.

"Oh my what have we got here?"

An old lady came out from behind a book rack with surprised eyes. She had a walking stick in her hand and her curly white hair was shadded in grey. The spectacles sitting at the inferior part of her nose bridge enhanced her a matured look enough to match the store's antique-ness.

"Sis hit him with a food parcel" Claire unhesitatingly replied while giggling.

"I actually didn't mean to, but it just happened that way and I'm really sorry" Amy replied almost immediately after her little sister.

"Oh alright. Come on Claire we'll find something for him. Amy why don't you show him a place to sit"

"Okay Mrs Mason" They said in unison.

"Umm ...this way"

Amy was actually glad that the 'chicken bun and cheese sandwich' person actually agreed to come with them. She was feeling rather awful and ashamed for what happend. She herself was against violence and here she was hitting a passers-by with a precious food parcel; wasting it in the process. Shameful indeed.

She carefully walked touching the wall towards the seating area in the corner and sat on the 3rd stool from right.

She heard his footsteps stop far behind her. She figured he was considering the sofa lying next to the tall stools and the reading tables.

"You should sit at the first chair here" she pointed towards here right.

He didn't seem to move. "It has a nice view from the window"

"Not necessary"

Daniel answered as he just stood near the old sofa set. No seat around was to his liking. He wasn't up to sitting anyways. The sauce smell coming from his white button down shirt was making him feel extremely uncomfortable.

"Mrs Mason is really nice. She's like our own grandmother. By the way I work part time here"

Daniel didn't even bother to show his acknowledgement and the girl didn't seem to care as she kept on talking.

"This shop has anything you need. It doesn't look like it, but it does. Oh and most of the things are sold half the actual price - the brunette face palmed herself as she said- "How can I forget! I'm Amethyst Green, but you can can call me Amy. You?"

Daniel was going through his emails while standing. Apparently his father was considerate enough to even share a link to the same bucket list which he already got an email of. He heard her ask for his name which he ignored.

"Chicken bun and cheese sandwich, your name please?"

He looked up at her. Something about her was annoying the hell out of him. Well not something, mostly everything from the way she's dressed to her non stop talking.

He was sure she'd keep calling him the same bun and sandwich- thing continously unless ge did something about it. He looked around and an old copy of 'Pride and Prejudice' met his eyes sitting on a shelf nearby.

"Darcy"

His voice monotone was sharp. Amy sensed a his unwillingness to answer her question, but she was rather happy that he did answer finally.

"That's a pretty name. It suits you. You do remind me of Darcy from Pride and Prejudice"

"What do you do Darcy?"

He glanced at his watch. Ten minutes had already passed since he entered the shop. He wondered what on earth the old woman was doing for so long.

"Like I said I work here. You? Are you a receptionist? Or a typesetter or maybe a clerk?"

"I don't work"

"Oh! So you're job hunting! That explains why you were in formal wear - He watched as she covered her mouth and grasped - Oh my gosh i ruined your suit! How will you get to the interview now. Wait I'll ask them to get you a suit. It won't be as good as your new one but it will be sufficient. Hang on."

"No need"

He replied rather loudly, but she didn't seem to have heard him. Was she deaf as well?

She hurriedly jumped down from the high stool and started to walk towards to what it seemed like a shelf with glass vases, mumbling to herself.

He wasn't sure what compelled him, but he managed to grab her wrist right on time.

A couple of vases came down just as she bumped on to the shelf.

T_T

"What have I done! I ruined his career"

Amy kept whispering like manthra as she made her way through to where Mrs Mason was.

"I have--"

She didn't get to finish as she felt a compression on her wrist.

Promptly a loud crash was heard from in front of her. What was that? She froze for a couple of seconds.

"Can't you just stop?"

He was suddenly yelling at her. It was the first time he had talked with anything close a simple emotion. She could feel his chest go up and down rapidly as he breathed heavily. One of his hands was gripping her wrist tightly and the other was around her waist. Everything happened so fast.

He might have said a lot of other stuff, but she didn't hear any. She watched as a familiar picture enveloped the darkness she usually saw.

Lights. Brightness. A truck honking. Glasses shattering. A cold grip around her wrist.

She tried to cover her ears, but it didn't stop. The same pictures repeated like a broken video player in front of her eyes. And she felt the same familiar pain and despair.

And finally everything turned dark.

No. Don't leave me. Please.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Yo readers! So here's the second chapter. Hope you had a nice time reading and hope I didn't make you guys wait for too long. Thank you for your patience and everything. The next chap will be up soon. Do keep tuned in. Love you all loads.

Oh and keep pressing the star at the bottom as you read:)

Btw dedicated to: @serenity1528 (there's a tiny problem so will have to manually dedicate chapz till it'll be fixed)

- HiddenBlackLilly