Chapter Two

'It is never too late to be the person you want to be'
-George Elliot

CHAPTER TWO

"No way man" a rather loud monotone yelled from the other side of the phone call. Daniel expressionlessly twisted a dart between his fingers without saying anything. He wasn't a man of many expressions nor a man of many words.

He was rather annoyed by the loud music coming from the other side.

"Jack. Noisy"

"Old man must be finally loosing it! Damn"

Jack didn't seem to bother to change the location as the music didn't decrease. Daniel reached out to hang up the call as Jack yelled yet again;

"Heeey don't hang up"

Jack knew well enough that right after the two words: Jack and noisy, the phone line would pretty much go dead. So he moved to a rather less loud area in the club.

"Okay not only kicking you out for two months, but also a bucket list when you're not even dying? I mean you are already dead and crawled up from hell"

Daniel lifted his eyebrow as he caught the amusement in Jack's words. Jack wasn't a good person at masking his voice and clearly bad at not showing his excitement.

"Tch" Daniel twisted the dart again and held it in a different position.

"So where's the list?" Jack only had to ask as his phone lit up again with an email. Daniel was never a slow worker. He was only lagging in his personal life and well personality itself.

"Okay will go through it after I'm out of this place, that is probably tomorrow morning or evening" Jack regretted saying that sentence out loud. It was only supposed to be in his head, but with the glass or two he had it was already as if his body was out of his control.

"Leave the club now"

Jack knew those type of comands of his cousin very well. Obey or die, but he really needed a drink. Even if that'll probably cost the remaining free time he has before the big game. It could even cost the rest of his life because he knew very well how Daniel has his way no matter what.

"Oh come on bro I just got here"

Daniel sometimes wonder how on earth they were related. He opened the contact that read: J's swimming coach, in his phone. His finger hovered above the 'message' button as he continued to talk. It was his responsibility to look after the kid and well if he's too stubborn; some things had to be done the hard way.

"You have a game next week"

"Yes that's soooo far awaaay. Hey maybe we both should go to an exotic location and-"

Daniel cut him off. "Rejected"

After hearing Jack's slurring he decided to call the swimming coach right after their phone call and make sure Jack would do extra work and exercises to pay for disobeying and bunking practices.

"Aw maaan come on...Okay then, you should go to a village to get some fresh air in your system and to-"

"Rejected"

"Come on let me finish! ------and to see whether you should own a vila in the country side. You know we could chill there later on."

And that pretty much did it. The thought occurred to him that he could actually expand Norman Enterprises by owning a vila or two.

Bullseye.

The dart Daniel held before was now on the dart board a good five or six feet away from his work table.