NINETEEN

"I'm finally getting better and now I'm picking up the pieces."

OLIVIA WAS IN HER car, driving to Shayne's. She knew he'd be awake. Olivia knew that Shayne stayed up until 4 in the morning, waiting for Courtney. She pulled her car into the parking lot and got out.

***

Shayne was waiting on the couch, his phone in his right hand, and a bottle of bourbon in the other. This was the fourth bottle he had this week. Courtney wasn't home, again. This had become his new retain. Come home at 5, eat, go to the gym, come home at 8, talk to Olivia for an hour, and then wait for Courtney to come home. There was a knock at his door. Shayne quick jumped up and opened it. He frowned when he saw Olivia.

"Oh, hi Olivia!" Shayne said, taking a swig from his bottle of bourbon.

"It's good to see you too!" Olivia said walking in. Shayne sighed.

"Sorry," he mumbled.

"Let me guess, Courtney's not back yet," Olivia said. Shayne nodded. She sighed and walked over to his couch. "Pass me the bottle!" He did as she said.

"Why are you here?" Shayne asked. Olivia took a sip of his bourbon.

"My boyfriend just broke up with me," she said passing the bottle to Shayne. He took another swig.

"Sorry," he mumbled.