2.4

CHAPTER 2.4: the deed is done!

I watch Kendall jog off into the distance, four figures following right behind her. I attempt to run after them but a talon nailed finger is placed on my chest, piercing into my skin.

"Where are you going, Grayson?" Cheri asks, a smug look perched on her features, I grip the single finger and push it off my chest.

"We," I point between us, "We're done. It's over."

Her face doesn't waver, "No."

I scoff, who does she think she is calling all the shots. "No?" I emphasize.

She looks at me, a little bit broke, "Why her." Her voice cracks.

I didn't have time for all of this, "It's always been her." I glance frantically into the distance, where the lights of the car are turning on.

"Fine." She spits, "But I want to show you one thing. One thing before I go." She hesitates before leaning in to kiss me on the cheek, her breath trailing to my lobe. I freeze when she speaks into my ear, in a low hush, "Follow me."

Completely seduced by her, I follow. The whereabouts of my brother spinning in my head wildly. Where could he have gone? My anxiety reaching sky high,  i needed to find him.

Cheri leads me back into the party, stopping right in front of the door. The loud bass new to my eardrums, my eyes squeeze shut until I hear it.

"It's 12 o'clock guys!" The voice echoes from the stage into the speaker directly behind me, this time I didn't cringe at the loudness of the voice. Instead, I frantically maneuver through the pile of people, shoving my way to the front of the stage where I engulf my brother into a hug. 

"You're- choking- me." His voice strains and I release him. Smiling giddly as he glances at me befuddled.

"Why'd you just hug me?" He asks.

"I thought you left for jersey bro."

Ethan deadpans, "Why would I leave you dipshit."

I hesitate, the memories washing over me like cold water, I wanted to lie but he was my brother, my blood, my twin. "I fucked Kendall." I murmur, looking at my feet.

"WHAT?" He screams, obviously deafened by the blasting bass.

"I FUCKED KENDALL." I screech into his ear and he rolls his eyes. So he doesn't love her?

With a wave of his arm, he dismisses the statement, "Big deal, you always fuck things up with Kendall."

I groan, this time adding gestures into my sentence, "I," I point to me, "FUCKED," I ball up my hands into a fist and move it vertically like chris pratt did in jurassic world, "KENDALL." 

"OH GOD GRAYSON," He yells back, "FINALLY, GILINSKY OWES ME A HUNDRED BUCKS."

I glance at him puzzled but he interrupts my thoughts, "NEVER HAVE I LOVED YOU MORE, YOU JUST SCORED ME A 100 DOLLAR BILL."

"that's why he told me to put on a shirt," I murmur under my breath but quickly glance back up at ethan, "wait, so you don't have any feelings for her."

Ethan shakes his head, "Nah bruh, she's all yours."

"Oh great!" I smile, "I broke up with Cheri by the way."

My brother, pumps his hand into the air, "SCORE, 10 BUCKS FROM SHAWN." He glances back at me, "Anything else you did tonight?"

"How many bets did you place on me?" I roll my eyes.