1.3

Chapter 1.3: You're still a fuck boy

"Tell me," Kendall begins saying, "What did..."

I stopped listening to what she was saying, I know, such a jerkish move but I couldn't help it. I was always so much more of an observer than a participator. I liked looking at things. I liked looking at her, to be frank. Her hair spilled down to her back, in loose curls, not straightened like the way they used to be. Her eyelashes had a more defined curve to them and her cheeks were now stained a more nude color than her old bright pink. She looked beautiful, not cute, but beautiful. 

She isn't yours

Kendall snaps me out of my thoughts, "Are you even listening to me ass wipe?"

Once again I couldn't help it.

I kissed her and the world fell away. I grabbed her cheeks in the palms of my hands and pulled her lips onto mine.It was slow and soft, comforting in ways that words would never be. My hand rested below her ear as slowly, I brought my thumb to her cheek. Our breaths mingled. She ran her fingers down my spine, pulling me closer until there was no space left between us. It felt like a drink of fresh water after weeks in a dessert.

it was addicting.

But guilt overwhelmed me and I pulled away, her face was a canvas of reds, her lips curved into a grin, "Two girls, one day. You're still a fuck boy."

"You've been missing out," I gesture towards my body, "On a whole lot of this."

Kendall shakes her head, "Oh no I haven't, that kiss felt so wrong. You have a girlfriend and I no longer want to be one of your toys. I don't want this."

My lips part, "Than what do you want?"

She rubs her arm, as if she's cold, "You. Only you. Not you and Cheri."

"But I l-" Before I can finish she interrupts.

"But you love Cheri, I get it. I was in love once, and that was with you." With that she pulls aside the doctor's curtain, we'd been standing behind and left.

I stand there for a moment, my hands shaking ever so slightly. I can hear laughter from behind the curtain but it didn't feel welcoming.

"I was in love once, and that was with you?" What was that supposed to mean. 

I feel a hand wrap around my wrist, pulling me out of my thoughts and out of the curtained room. A whiff of her perfume and I already knew who it is, Cheri.

Her hands run over my face, smoothen down my hair and straighten my shirt. I glance down at her, a look of concern is spread across her face. "Nothing happened, right?" She asks, fear gleaming in her eyes.

I push down her hand, my eyes anchored ahead instead of on her, "No. Nothing important."

Honestly speaking, I thought after two whole freaking years of separation, that there was no way the four could be as close to Kendall as they were before.

I mean if they were a bunch of girls, then that would be a different case. But the four were boys and Kendall was a girl. What the hell were they exactly supposed to talk about or bond over? They no longer went to the same school or for that matter lived in the same state or country. They didn't share the same taste in clothes and I didn't think Kendall would enjoy talking about cars.

But the four and her were literally inseparable from right when they became reunited all the way up till this moment, all the way up till now.

Cameron was already shooting dirty looks at me.

"So you guys all go to the same college?" Kendall asks, taking a seat next to my brother.

Gilinsky shakes his head, "Nah," He chuckles, "You think I'm smart enough to get into the same college as Shawny boy?"

"We're together for the summer though," Cameron adds and Kendall nods her her head.

"You guys are still inseparable even after high school," She says before jumping in her place as if she suddenly remembered something, "How was prom?"

Shawn whips his head from side to side in a disapproving manner, "It sucked."

"Yeah, Gilinsky lost the converter for the keyboard after he bumped into some mystery women," Johnson narrates, his voice thickened with disappointment, "So we lost our gig."

Kendall rolls her eyes as Gilinsky raises his hands up in a defensive motion.

"I'm talking about who did you go with." Kendall emphasizes her questions real motive and the boys all make 'oh' noises.

"I didn't go with anybody," Ethan states, raising his hand.

Gilinsky scratches the back of his neck shyly while looking at the floor, "I went with m-"

"He went with Madison." Johnson finishes for him.

Kendall nods her head, "Hey she's pretty cute besides the fact that she beat me up." She continues, turning to Shawn, "Who did you go with?"

"The rest of us went as a group. Cam, Me and JJ, and E."

"So you guys were third, fourth, fifth and sixth wheeling with Gilinsky and Madison?" She snorts.

Cameron shakes his head while beaming, "She was third-wheeling. It's bros before hoes man."

"I honestly just went for the food." Ethan confesses, his hands raising in a defensive manner.

"What about Gray?" Kendall asks, looking briefly at me since the incident and for the first time in forever I have nothing to say.

"He went with a cardboard cut out of you." Gilinsky snorts in a taunting manner, making the whole room erupt in spurts of laughter.

I roll my eyes, "Ha ha, very funny." I acknowledge his poor joke with fake laughter.

Cheri wraps me in a side hug defensively, causing Kendall and Ethan to whisper.

"They make a cute couple," Cheri glances at me eagerly, there is some motive behind the sudden comment, "Don't you agree?"

I put my arm around her, "Who?"

Cheri snorts and points directly in front of us, "Well there is only one other couple in this room, right?"

I nod my head, just to reassure her, "Yeah, Ethan and Kendall." I say, she repeats me with a nod of her head, a small smile lining her lips. For some reason that smile annoys me, probably because I don't think Ethan and Ken are a good couple. 

"He looks exactly like me y'know." I mention in the most nonchalant way possible. Her head whips up in my direction almost immediately. 

She stops hugging me, her hands dropping to her sides, "What is that supposed to mean? That you'd make a good pair with her."

I stifle a chuckle, using all the energy in my body to frown, "I'm just messing. We are the best couple in this room." She kisses me right after I tell her that. Just a short peck on the cheek.

Smiling I say, "I'm so damn in love with you babygirl."

That was partially a lie.