1.7

CHAPTER 1.7: BRUISES

I watched from a distance as Kendall hands an ice pack to Ethan. Both of them were sitting, criss-cross on the sofa, ice placed across their feet.

"He's a good dancer, if I recall properly, is what you said." I decide upon entering the room, after pondering over a comeback.

Kendall gives me no more than a glance before rubbing the ice into her bruise, "I'd rather dance with him then stand another minute with you and Cheri."

I open my mouth to say something but quickly close it after my brain leaves me speechless. I had no answer for her.

"That's what I thought." She snorts at my silence.

Ethan gives me one of those twin looks.

I sigh and collapse onto the couches next to theirs. Propping my head against the arm rest so I could still take in the view.

Kendall tucks a strand of hair behind her ear as she looks down at he heaps of frozen water on her feet.

Next to her, Ethan, glances from me to her and then back to me. A puzzled expression thrown across his face.

"I don't get it." He finally says, "What's the problem between you two. Why can't you be together. What's stopping you two."

I glance at her, she's looking into the distance, purposely, like how she always does when she's trying to ignore sharing eye contact me.

"I don't want to break Cheri's heart like I broke yours." I confess to Kendall, but there's no reaction, "You've taught me so much about love and how to love and i just can't see put someone through that."

There's a long silence that lingered through the air. It made me anxious, crazy for an answer. Whenever I looked at he face, it was blank, expressionless, unreadable. I wanted to know how she felt but she wasn't going to show me.

Couldn't blame her.

"Ok this was stupid, I'm going." I declare, hopping onto my feet and prancing out the doorway.

"How did you do it." She finally says, "how did you move on, so fast," her voice cracks, "As if we had nothing. Teach me, please, so I don't have to waste every single thought on you."

"I- I didn't stop you from getting a boyfriend." I stammer.

She sits up straight at my words, "You didn't? Are you fucking kidding me Bailey. I wasn't even attracted to anyone. Every time I tried to move on, I'd see you and I'd stop, thinking I was doing you wrong." She pauses, "But I guess, I was wrong."

"How am I supposed to know that when your always acting like you don't care. Why do you always act like my relationship with her doesn't affect you." I blurt out.

"You fake it to make it," Kendall says simply. Six words that meant more than a million things.

I raise my brow, "So you don't want to something with me?"

"How many times do I have to see you with her, how many times do you walk away from me, from this." She waves her finger from me to her, "from Us."

Ethan pipes up for the first time in a while, "I think I should go."

"Your always with my brother or with the four, it seems like your hardly bothered about us." I snap back, crossing my arms across my chest.

Kendall tilts her head, her eyes gleaming with pain. I'd hurt her, "How can you say that?" She whispers, "You think I like Ethan, your brother, I would never do that to you. And the four are my best-friends."

"Hey, i look just like Grayson." Ethan frowns at her remark. But once again he's ignored.

"Look Kendall, just because I'm with Cheri, does not mean I have stopped thinking about you." I confess but she gives me no reaction, "I get jealous, when you're with E, I get jealous when someone else makes you laugh, when someone else is your source of happiness. Don't think I don't care."

"You'll never be my source of happiness as long as your with her." She says and for some reason that sentence hit home. I stay quiet, just holding my gaze with her from the corner of my eyes.

"Grayson, she'll never know." Kendall whispers.

"Know what?"

"You." She says, "Do you really think that what you have with her is love?"

I sit still.

Kendall nods, "Exactly."

"What are you trying to say." I ask.

"There's no way she can feel the same way. Grayson, I've loved you since we were kids and i don't think I can physically stop loving you nor can I live with knowing your with someone else," Kendall exclaims, her eyes hover over my head not directly in contact with my own. she continues, "It'll eat me alive. I can't stand it but I still do because when your with her you seem happy."

I stifle a snort.

"What do I do?"

Kendall hesitates, "You're going have to choose."

"You can't do that to me." I say, "I haven't done..." but I stop in my tracks. I've done more damage than repair to her.

I can't be with her, all I do is hurt her.

After deep thought, I shake my head, "Just tell me something. What will you do if I love Cheri and if I've moved on."

"What else am I supposed to do. Sit and cry and beg you too love me." She exclaims.

"How do you know that I don't already do."

"Well do you?"

I don't have an answer.

What a fucking cliche chapter, I should write about it in my Everything wrong with Dolan Twin Fanfics book.

now for two important questions.
1. Are you guys ok with smut
2. Would you read a prequel for this series (like what happened in 8th grade with Steven and Grayson and Kendall back in NJ)

that's all for now folks,
luv ur fav bitch, kiki