1.2

Chapter 1.2: Trouble

"No peeking." Johnson straps the last blindfold over my face as he grabs my hand and maneuvers me out of the car.

Ethan snorts, "You literally parked in front of the place, how do you not expect to know where we are?" By the sound of it, Ethan had removed his blindfold— urging me to do the same, I rip of the cloth covering my eyes.

"We're at an escape room?" The questioning tone in my voice was hard to cover.

Kendall lips curve just at the edges, "Looks like we're not all as smart as you Ethan." She punches me in the shoulder before falling in pace with Cameron, who is already stalking towards the booking area.

"There's no going back now!" Cheri exclaims, wriggling her fingers between mine, "plus, I've been to an escape house before! It was like a year ago, with my ex, but I still remember everything."

"TMI." Gilinsky shot her an awkward glance, "Can we just go now."

Ethan nods, linking his arm with Jack and Jack. I watch as they stalk off, mentally sighing.

What kind of friends did I have?

"What's got you thinking?" Cheri whispers in my ear, slightly tugging on my arm as she looks up at me. I shake my head in response, gesturing her to start walking.

When we finally caught up with the group, Kendall had her arm folded on Cameron's shoulder, nodding, as she watched Cam argue with the manager.

"I swear our name should be there, my friend called in." Cam points at Shawn standing with his arms crossed against the door.

"WHAT, I didn't book anything." Shawn threw his hands up, "I thought Johnson had too."

Cameron turns back towards the lady, who is now looking very pissed off, "I'll pay you extra, just get us in."

She rolls her eyes, nods and gestures the group to follow her. After a few flights of stairs, she halts in front of a towering door. Without saying a word, Johnson snatches the keys from her fiddling fingers and tosses it across the hallway.

"Hey!" The lady yells, grabbing at the air as it falls into Shawn's hands. He sorts through them for a few moments, giving the manager time to flock through the mini crowd we made and reach Shawn, but before she could take them they were soaring through the air, making it's way to Cameron, who grinned and began to jam the variety of keys into the lock one by one.

"It's the bronze one sir." She said with an irritated voice, snatching them out of his hands and hauling the door open, successfully, on the first try.

"Gilinsky, it's a doctor's office! You're favorite." Cameron shouts from the inside. 

I turn to G, who is already racing in.

"Prepare to play Doctor Doctor, dirty style." Ethan turns back to inform us.

Cheri raises an eyebrow, hugging my arm a little tighter, "I don't mind."

I lick my lips as a certain giddy feeling overwhelms my body. 

"Are you guys coming or not? We only have an hour and she has to lock the door." Kendall says before racing away. And just like that it was gone, the adrenaline (giddy feeling) draining from my body and instead being replaced by desperation and want-

"Bro, who are you thinking about all the time? Cheri is with you, it's like you forget that." A smirk sports my brothers face.

I shake my head, "Forget what? I was thinking of her."

Out of no where Shawn's head pops out of the door, "What Ethan means is that you forget that the one you want is already with you, right?" There's a certain intensity in his stare, and a slight curve of his lips as if he was about to smirk.

I nod, pushing Cheri forcefully against my body.

"I love you." Whispering, I plant a kiss on her head before stalking past Ethan and Shawn and into the room.

And all of the sudden, I'm being pushed downwards in a jerk of a movement and my lips are crushed against someone else's. The vanilla is a giveaway, only Cheri uses Vanilla chapstick- the original flavor. Not like Kendall, who liked to spice things up, a new taste every time. Not that I had kissed her that much, but I had kissed her a fair amount of times to know what she used. (Note the past tense) And she didn't use any flavor forever, I guess she likes change.

"Grayson." Her voice is a soft moan, as a heel slides up my barren leg. I feel a small tug at the brim of my denim shorts, "I want you to scream my name."

My lips are knotted with hers, moving faster than any speed limit and with no mercy. I needed to feel the moment, but I couldn't, my mind kept wandering to other people- an other person. I press my hands against her shoulders, leaning in for one last kiss before quickly ripping the connection. Cheri looked startled, her mouth left in an 'O' shape, lipstick smurred against her skin and her usually pale skin flushed.

"W-What was that all about?" I whisper softly, her face immediately drops.

She frantically glances around, "Was it bad? Was I too sloppy? Too public?" Questrions fall from her mouth in a line.

Unfortunately, before I had the pleasure of answering, Cameron interrupted: "Not one, not two but definitely option three." He smiles sarcastically while clapping his hands, "Like there is no doubt going to be tons of making out tonight but not by choice."

"If you don't mind, may I ask what that was about?" Johnson eyes had turned to slits.

And at this moment I realized how much my life related to the books; A series of unfortunate events for I did not get the pleasure of answering Johnson with a 'mind your own business' but instead Cheri answered with a "Grayson just turned me on with that sudden I love you kiss he gave me back there."

My eyes immediately meet Kendall's, she's already looking at me, her expression- unreadable.

"Doesn't he always turn you on?" She questions, causing the room to go into standstill, what the fuck did that exactly mean, "I mean if he was my boyfriend he would always turn me on." Her eyes never left me as the sentences left her mouth.

Cheri looks up at me than back at Kendall, than back at me, "I don't think she's disabled. I think she's mental. Does she like you or something, I mean the way she's looking at you."

I shrug my shoulders, "Maybe?."

"Isn't she your cousin?"

Kendall interrupts, "No he's not my cousin. He's my boyfriend's," She points at Ethan, "Brother." Cheri raises a brow, at me but says nothing as Kendall continues. "We've met occasionally but that's it. The picture on his phone means nothing and I'm sure he'll love to explain you why it's his screen saver. I assure you, you have nothing to worry about."

"Oh so it's like you just know each other because of Ethan."

"It's better that that, we have no history." Kendall grins at me, "Now why don't we play Doctor Doctor. Grayson, follow me?"