The Almost Identity Crisis (Part 3)

Well here it is, Part 3 of The Almost Identity Crisis, because you guys have been waiting since Part 1 to see how this kidnapping turns out. 

***

22 hours later

My world is the smooth, cold surface beneath me. Wait a minute! My bed isn't smooth and cold, my bed is soft, with a zillion fluffy blankets. I force my eyelids to open, still tired but I can't remember why. At first I can't focus on much of anything, but then two things become blatantly obvious. One being the bright light shining in my face, and two being the straps around my wrists and legs that were securing me to the table.

"Oh shiznit." I mutter the first alternative swear word that pops into my head. Everything flooded back to me in that instance. The robbery... the bridge... stuffed crust pizza... and Vortex! I struggle against the straps that hold me down.

"Ironic isn't it." A familiar voice catches my attention.

"I'd say deja vu, but the roles are reversed this time." I quip, while mentally checking to see if I still had my mask on. It was still there. "I'm sure you're enjoying this."

Vortex doesn't say anything to me, he just smirks in response. As if to say, 'I've got you right where I want you'. 

"Oh I bet you're enjoying this." I keep talking to him as a distraction while I telekinetically attempt to undo the ties holding me to the table. "I know you removed my mask while I was out." Oh crap, my powers aren't working. This is just like the first time I met Vortex and exhausted my powers on that psychic mind freeze thingy. Looks like I'm up a creek without a paddle in a boat that's slowly sinking as it approaches a waterfall.

"What makes you think I removed your mask?" Vortex replies sounding smug.

I glare at him, "If you were to ask me, I'd like to say that I believe there's good in everybody's hearts, but knowing you, I'd make an exception." Him and his smug grin, he definitely knows my identity.

"I didn't remove your mask yet, I'd prefer have you conscious when I do that." He elaborates as he crosses the room towards me. "I want to see to you suffer as I do that. In fact this whole ordeal has been rather inspiring." He picks up an empty syringe off of a table that I hadn't noticed yet. "After I publicly reveal your identity, then I'm going your unmask your obnoxious friend Star. Then I'll get your former side sick Blaze." I cringe as he threatens Star and Blaze. Then I stifle my panic as he injects the needle into my wrist, taking a sample of my blood. "Once I'm done with Silver City, I'll go after that hero in Myst City. His name is Apollo, isn't? I'm sure he'd be a better adversary than you."

"I've beaten you once and I can beat you again." I point out as I clench my fists, and struggle at the ties holding me to the table. Curse my pathetic noodle arms! I could break these ties and knock Vortex's block off, if I weren't such a noodle. 

"Looks like I've got you beaten. You're strapped to an table, I can reveal your identity whenever I want to, and you clearly wasted your powers on that bus." Vortex half laughs as he leaves the room with the sample of my blood.

WHAT THE FREAKING HECK IS HE DOING? WHY THE HECK DOES HE NEED MY BLOOD?

Before I had much time to think of reasons for Vortex taking my blood, I heard gunshots coming from somewhere outside the room. Then came more gunshots following by sounds of struggle, as if several people were getting their butts kicked. Then in an necessarily cool display of skill, the door to the room is kicked open, revealing Apollo. He has two guns made of light, one each hand, which he blows imaginary smoke off of like some kind of cartoon gunslinger.