Epilogue

July 3, 2020

I deeply sighed when the Houston heat hit me, making me grab the shades from the top of my head and put them on.

It's been three years.
A long three years.
A life changing three years.
But now, I'm back.

I said I was going to come back for good three years ago, but things change. People change. I couldn't come back. How could I?

I went years without speaking to anyone. I've only kept in contact with my parents and my best friend. Other than that, I had no reason to contact anyone else. My parents were my therapists. I vented to them, telling them how I felt and why I felt that way. I know it sounds crazy to be telling my parents so much personal shit, but I needed to let it out. They needed to know.

Even though I talked to my mom every single day of these past three years, she's still a little angry that I didn't come back. I would be too. I did make a promise to her that I did not keep, but she understood my situation and didn't press me about it too much.

Walking out of the airport with both hands occupied, I saw a sign with my name on it. I went over to the man dressed in all black and showed him my identification and then signing my name on the paper he had provided. He grabbed our bags and put them in the trunk before handing me the keys to my rented car for the time being.

"Thank you Julius." I said to him. He nodded his head and looked down and smiled.

"You guys have a nice stay."

The drive to the hotel I would be staying in wasn't that long. It was in downtown Houston but away from all of the action. I was granted access to the keys to the room and went inside to see how beautiful and spacious it was. It was just like the pictures.

 It was just like the pictures

"Jump!"

I looked down at my three year old son and smiled as he struggled to hop onto the bed. I pulled out my phone and video taped him jumping on the bed until he got tired.

"Come here baby." I said, holding my arms out for him to come to. He smiled big before crashing into my arms. I kissed him all over his face making him break out into that contagious laugh.

"You hungry? You want chicken or?"

He scratched his head and frowned.

"Boy, don't turn your nose up. I'll order you some chicken tenders and then we can go see auntie Nicki and NJ, okay?"

He nodded his head, "Cool."

I shook my head and turned on the television to keep him busy as I ordered him some room service. I wasn't hungry, as usual. I lost a lot of weight because I just didn't have an appetite anymore, but I'm slowly trying to gain my weight back.

My son, Braxton was my everything. He really matured me even more and he's such a mama's boy. I love him to death. It's not as hard raising a little boy like most say. I was a single mom doing it on my own and he was as respectful as he could be. He's only three, but I can honestly say that I did a good job so far.