Introduction - 1.

Wednesday, December 14, 2016Washington, D

Washington, D.C.

"Have a safe winter break y'all!" I said as the time hit 11:50 AM and class was finally dismissed. I wasted no time packing my belongings and leaving right behind my graduate students.

My name is Beyoncé Giselle Knowles and I'm a 27 year old Chemistry professor at Howard University here in D.C.

I liked it — no scratch that — I loved it here. At the age of 18, I moved to D.C. on a full ride to Howard University. I thought I would only stay here for four years then go back home to Houston, Texas and enter graduate school, but I was absolutely wrong.

I haven't been home in five years. The last time I've been to Houston was when I graduated with my Masters at the age of 22 and my family threw me a party. I haven't been back since, but that's all going to change this Christmas.

No one know of my visit besides my mother, Tina but I wouldn't be surprised if her big mouth haven't already told everyone. Nothing stays a secret with her.

My flight to Houston leaves tomorrow morning and I cannot lie, I'm scared. My family has always been close, but I haven't seen or talked to anyone in years, besides my immediate family which includes my three sisters, two brothers, and the couple of nieces and nephews I do have.

I know there's going to be a bunch of mess and mad people when they see me. I know I was wrong to not even visit them these past couple of years but I've been focused. I once again had graduated, this time with my doctorate degree. Not only that, but other personal reasons as well and my long time boyfriend was one of them reasons.

Walking into my two bedroom home, I was met with the aroma of food. My boyfriend was a chef. He cooked for celebrities sometimes because he was that good. He's in the beginning stages of opening his own restaurant and I cannot wait. I know it'll be my favorite spot.

"You made it home just in time." He said, welcoming me with open arms. With my head on his chest, I deeply sighed and embraced him. He smelled absolutely amazing and I felt so much better being in his arms.

"What are you making me?" I turned around so that my back was against his chest

"What are you making me?" I turned around so that my back was against his chest. With one hand, he flipped the bacon and in the other, he held my hips tightly.

"Just a simple brunch.."

I leaned my head back and smiled when his lips touched mine.

Chad and I have been together for three years now. It may sound weird, but we met at a gas station. He saw me paying for my gas and decided to pump it for me. His looks took me away and not only was he fine, but he was a gentleman.

I have never been one to discriminate. I loved him for who he were and I know he loved me just as much.

"Have you packed yet?" He asked.

"Nope."

"You're going to be gone for a month. You need to be doing that now."

"You're finally right about something." I smirked and walked out of the kitchen and into my bedroom. Yes, my bedroom. Chad and I didn't stay together – yet. He plans on moving in when I come back from Houston.

We both were indecisive when it came to this topic. I of course would love for him to move in with me, or I move in with him, but we weren't sure. I enjoyed my space and the idea of another person being in my space kind of threw me off.

But things change and I missed him more and more when he was gone. I brought up the topic of him moving in again, and without much of a fight, he agreed. Two months later, we're here. Still having sleepovers every other night and getting the feel of how it will be when we officially move in together.

For the next three hours with a couple of breaks in between, I packed my things. I was dreading that shit but thankfully I got it done and was able to relax afterwards.

I cuddled next to Chad as he laid in bed watching a movie on Netflix. When he began rubbing his hands through my head, I knew it was over with. It didn't take long for me to fall asleep and didn't wake up until almost midnight.

I woke up to the ringing of my cell phone. Reaching over to grab it, I looked at the caller ID to see my mama's name.

"What the fuck do she want." I mumbled to myself. It was midnight here, so it had to be only 11 PM where she is. Still, it was late.

"May I help you?" I answered, trying not to fall back asleep.

"I'm so excited to know that my baby is coming home. I can't sleep." She said. I could hear how happy she sounded and that really made my heart warm. I loved my mama and honestly, the only reason I was coming back home was to see her. Everyone else I could give a shit about.

"Mama, go to bed. It's late."

"It's not. You and Chad must be busy?"

I rolled my eyes and sat up a little. Chad was still next to me but he was sleeping peacefully. I didn't want to wake him so I walked to the kitchen and sat at the table.

"He's sleep actually."

"So you put him to sleep is what you saying?"

"Mama, come on now." I rolled my eyes and shook my head. She's a trip.

"Bey you're grown. I'm just saying. I want more grandchildren."

"And you have other children for that. I'm tired though so I'll see you and talk to you tomorrow mama."

I could hear the happiness in her voice go away once I told her I had to end the call. We said our love you's and goodbyes and I took my ass right back to sleep.

**

"I'm going to miss you." I said, looking up at my handsome boyfriend. His blue eyes stared back at me with the same look when we first met. I loved this man so much, words can't even explain. I'm so happy with him that I can't even think about being with anyone else. He's my heart and home is always where the heart is.

"I'm going to miss you more baby. You have to call me every single day and let me know how everything goes. Don't let anyone take you out of your character. Got me?"

I nodded my head and kissed his lips for as long as I could.

"I'll call you when I'm all settled in."

His hands went down to my lower back and soon down to my ass. The way he gripped it made me regret not giving him some before I left. A month away from this man will be hard.

"I don't know if I can stay away from all this ass for too long," He mumbled in my ear, "I may have to make a trip to Houston too."

"You're serious too." I chuckled as he nodded his head. We shared a passionate kiss one last time before going our separate ways.

I never thought I would ever say this again, but back to Houston I go.

**

Nothing major, just bringing my old stories back. Much better this time. Longer and much more detailed. Vote and comment. I try to reply to everyone.🤗