Issa Meal - 6

Monday, December 19, 2016
College Station, TX

"When are we stopping to get something to eat?" I asked Nicki for the third time. She asked me earlier in the morning did I want to hang with her today and of course I agreed. This heifer didn't tell me we were going out of Houston.

"Girl, you can't wait? We only have 20 minutes left."

"And I'll be dead then. Just stop at the next exit so I can get Burger King or something."

The drive to College Station was only like an hour and half, but it seemed to have been more. I thought we were just going shopping and things like that so I didn't even bother to eat. It was until we finally got off the exit heading onto the interstate did she let me know her plans.

She was picking her little brother up from Texas A&M. He played football and they had extra practices so they didn't get out for break the same time as everyone else. She claimed she didn't want to tell me because then I wouldn't have tagged along. I honestly didn't mind. I was just starving.

I got my food from Burger King and we were heading back on the road. It only took me no more than five minutes to eat my burger and a couple of fries. I was sipping on my drink when Nicki decided to stare me down.

"Bitch, that's why you look the way you look. Eating that much food so fast."

I shrugged, "I tried to tell y'all but y'all just claim it was the dick, but whatever. You lowkey called me fat but I won't get too mad about it. I do need to hit the gym."

"No you're not fat. You gained weight in all the right places."

I smiled and pulled out my phone to see I had a message from my brother Cole and Jay. My heart kind of skipped a beat or two when I saw Jay's name. After I left his house last night, I haven't texted him. I honestly didn't feel the need to. I was too busy talking to Chad to even worry about Jay.

"Chad got you smiling this wide?" Nicki asked. I looked at her and shook my head.

"No. You won't believe it."

"What you mean?"

I responded back to his good afternoon message saying the same thing before putting my phone in between my legs.

"It's Jay."

Nicki bust out in a fit of giggles, somewhat swerving off the road because she wasn't paying attention.

"Bitch I told you! You let him get in the guts already?"

I rolled my eyes, "No, but don't tell anyone. I went over his place yesterday and we literally just talked until I finally decided to leave and that's when he kind of came on to me. He left a hickey on my neck."

Thank God it was cold outside so I didn't have to try too hard to cover the hickey up. I just put on a sweater and that was it. I leaned my neck over so Nicki could see and she gasped.

"Is he like a vampire or something? He really sucked the life out of you."

I nodded my head because he really did. I've never had a hickey so obvious before. Like, it stood out and I don't even think foundation could do it any justice.

"I feel bad though. I have a man Nicki, but I feel like what I had for Jay is starting to come back. Me and him always had a great connection. Everyone knows that."

We were finally pulling into the Texas A&M campus and things kind of got quiet. I guess she was trying to figure out where to go and also trying to figure out what to say back to me.