5

HAPPY THANKSGIVING LOVES!!!

10/20/17

That's my best friend, that's my best friend

-Young Thug, Bestfriend

Storm.

Flashback.

*Three months later*

A knock on my door sounded throughout my dorm room around 2p.m. and I rolled my eyes already knowing who it was. Harlem, or my best friend as he liked to call himself.

I opened it up wide and waited for him to walk in. He took me in from head to toe and I instantly felt naked in my tight-fitting t-shirt and booty shorts.

"Stop looking at me like that creep," I felt my light skin heat up as I looked down. I could practically hear his smirk as he chuckled a little and pushed my door closed.

"I went to the food court before I came." He said referring to the bag in his right hand. I smiled and nodded, hoping he got me what I loved.

I used the hand sanitizer on my desk before pulling a water out of my mini-fridge. After, I sat on the bed and got comfortable as I watched him carefully with my food.

"Phatphat, you gon' get your food. Chill out," He said calling me by the nickname he gave me. I brushed him off and rolled my eyes as he followed my routine and then sat next to me.

"What time is your football practice today?" I asked as he began pulling out our food.

"5." He said as he handed me a piece of cheese pizza. I thanked him and said my blessings. He pulled out his pepperoni pizza and cheese sauce and said his blessings. We ate in a comfortable silence until we were both done. He threw away our trash before he sat back down, sighing.

"I don't see why we gotta have these secret ass meetings like we can't be friends in public." He said and I rolled my eyes, realizing he was back on his bullshit.

"I don't want any females trying to get all in my face because we're friends. I don't want no niggas trying to fuck me because they think you fucking me. I'm not trying to make you seem like no criminal, but I don't need all that attention. I got enough shit going on." I said, tired of explaining myself to him.

"You go to counseling now, you got me, your professors are very understanding. I don't see why you can't at least come to one of my games." He said, his voice rising a little bit. I flared my nose and looked at him.

"I'm not ready, that's why! I could say I'm ready and get all dressed up and have a panic attack in the middle of the game! Since we've been friends, I've had several incidents in class and some of them have resulted in me being bullied in fucking college!" I cried, angry as hell.

Harlem only sighed and pulled me into a hug as I sobbed. He rubbed my back and kissed my forehead.

"I'm sorry, ma, you right. You don't need all of that attention on you." He said in between kisses to my forehead. My sobs slowed down as he soothed me and I instantly felt embarrassed from all the snot and tears that now stained his shirt.

Harlem only got up and went to my desk, grabbing the baby wipes and tissue I kept there. He sat back down and gently began to clean my face off.

"No need for sorries, ma. I'll always have your back, in public or in private." He assured me causing me to smile.

VOTE. COMMENT. VOTE