Chapter 6: Friend or Foe?

Our legs decided they couldn't carry us anymore so we moved off the road to rest for a bit and maybe find a place to sleep for the night.

"That was amazing by the way. What you did back there." Alison said gasping for breathe.

"I don't feel amazing." I say as I lean myself against the nearest tree. "Don't get too excited we haven't even made it across the border yet."

Both of us are filthy from sleeping outside and running through the woods. I'm so tired and distracted I don't even hear the sound of a motorcycle engine being cut or leave crunching under someone else's feet. I calmly undo my hair and let it fall over my shoulders completely oblivious to the person standing behind me until I looked up and see Alison's horrified face looking at me.

"What?" I ask her confused.

Alison says nothing and stand paralyzed looking over my shoulder. Slowly I turn around and come face to face with the mutant from the diner. Surprised I take a quick step back and stand next to Alison.

"That was quiet a show you put on back there girl." The man said ignoring my fighting stance.

"Yea so what?"

"Well a girl like yous got some talent. Talent like that shouldn't be waisted."

"What do you want? Why are you following us?"

"Isn't it obvious kid?" He spat. "I want you on our side. With your power we could put all the people who treated you so horribly in their rightful place."

My mind flashed to Dylan and Michael, the hate in their eyes when they found out what I was.

"So what you have a team? To be honest you don't look much like a team player."

"I'm part of The Brotherhood mutie, I think you know what that means."

The Brotherhood, I had seen them on tv a lot, causing havoc and explosions, most of time my mom would turn off the news and mutter about how idiotic they all were. I was never sure if it was the mutants or the humans she was talking about.

"I don't want to be part of your mutant terrorist group! Who are you!?"

His eyes gleamed wildly as if he had been waiting of me to ask the whole time. Fear struck my stomach as my sixth sense kicked in warning me to run as fast a possible.

"Names Sabertooth and I suggest if you want to live you should do what I say."

___________________________

Sorry for such the short chapter y'all. I promise to update again soon!
~Blaze