No Weapons Required

Annabeth's POV

It's Friday night. Luke was at Troy's for the night, Lena and Taylor were at the Graces, and Charlie was at the Valdez residence. Zoe was at swim practice till eight, so I had the night to myself, well Percy and I would have the majority of the evening for ourselves. I hoped Percy would be home early tonight. For the last week, he'd left for work before I'd awoken and came home in the dead of night. For the first couple days I wasn't worried, but now, paranoia had taken over me. For my whole life I had never really given two timing a second thought, but I see the way people look at Percy, was it possible? No it couldn't be, Percy loves me and I know it. Right?

It was seven p.m., I was already in my pjs, my big grey sweatshirt and fuzzy grey pants, I couldn't be happier. I was curled up under the blanket on the couch, binge watching The Office on Netflix, I gotta admit, mortals may be ignorant but they sure know how to make a damn good mocumentary.

After an episode, it was almost seven thirty and Percy still hadn't come home. Now I was really losing it, was he cheating? No Annabeth, of course he's not cheating on you! What's gotten into you?

But he has been leaving early and coming home late, isn't that what cheaters do? The two sides of my brain began to argue with each other.

No Percy only loves you and you know that. Besides even if he was cheating on you, you'd kick his ass anyway. I make a good argument, I would kick his ass into the Underworld itself.

He hasn't called or texted all week because he's cheating on you, look at you! You've gone soft Annabeth! Big sweatshirts, pj pants, The Office! What's happened to you?! Show him that you won't be pushed around any longer. Damn it why am I so smart?

No Annabeth don't listen, he's loyal and faithful to you.

He's cheating on you!

Is not!

Is too!

"Shut up!" I screamed! Then I heard the door open then slam shut. I jumped out of my chair and stormed over towards it, knowing it was my two timer husband. Anger and rage clouded my sense of rationality and I felt like a ticking time bomb. Ready to explode at any given moment.

"Annabeth, I'm home." I heard Percy pant, his hair was messy, sweat glinted off his forehead and his cheeks were red.

"Where have you been all week?!" I shot him a death glare, narrowing my eyes and biting my lip in rage.

"Annabeth, I was—" I didn't let him finish, the bomb was going off inside me and nothing was stopping it.

"You shut your mouth you two timer! You don't say one word all week about where you've been and why you leave so early and come home in the dead of night! Who is she?! What does she have that I don't?!"

"Annabeth, you think I've been cheating on you? Why would I ever do that?!" Percy yelled back, throwing his hands in the air.

I felt tears stinging in my eyes but I forced them away, he wasn't going to see me cry, that would only make me look weak. "Yes! You two timer! I don't know what I ever saw in you! Get out!" I screamed at him.

"Annabeth, let me explain." I cut Percy off.

"No! Save your breath take your things and get out of my house!" I took a step forwards, what was I doing? Where was this coming from?

"Annabeth, just hear me out—" Percy's voice cracked, everything inside me was yelling at me to stop, and that I was being delusional. But something had taken control over me and I couldn't stop it.