Chapter 12 💞

Emily's POV
"Nathan's leaving the school", said Nina as she ran to my seat during recess.

"What?" I replied in disbelief. "He just cant leave. We're having our final exams next year".

"He is. At least, that's what I heard. Trevor said he's saying his goodbyes to his friends. After today, he won't come again", replied Nina.

"What? It can't be" I replied as I got up from my seat. "Where is he now? "

"He should be at the school's bar with his friends. I think they're throwing a party. Are you going to talk to him?", said Nina as she followed me to the bar. Yeah our school had a bar. It was actually meant for staffs but students were allowed in once in a while.

"I don't know yet. I need to at least see things for myself" I replied.

Music deafened my ears as I entered into the bar. The room was filled with various girls and guys, some of them dancing to the heavy metal song. I searched frantically round the room for Nathan, which was quite difficult as the room was dimly lit. Just as I was about to give up and believe it was all a rumour, to my utmost disappointment, I saw Nathan just by the corner with his friends around a table, laughing to whatever joke they must be saying.

"See him there" said Nina by my side.

"I know", I replied. What now? He's really leaving?

"He's coming towards us" said Nina.

"I know. What should I do?" I asked as my heart pounded loudly.

"Just relax and follow my lead" said Nina as Nathan advanced towards us. "Let's act like we're talking about random stuffs " said Nina as she started laughing. Hehehee, I also laughed too. Nina is cray cray.

"Hey Nina" said Nathan as he pulled her into a warm embrace which lasted for few seconds.

"Hey" replied Nina as they pulled away.

"I guess you've heard the news" said Nathan, shoving his hands into his pockets.

"Yeah. Tell me why you're leaving" replied Nina. Did I also mention they were close friends?

"Actually my dad got a transfer to Washington and there's no way I can stay here on my own. You know I'm still a baby " replied Nathan as he smirked.

Psst... Which baby? Not ashamed of himself 😡. And why isn't he saying anything to me?

"Hahaha" laughed Nina. "You wish. So when are you coming back?"

"That, I don't know. Like, I'm so excited I'm going to a new school and sad also cos I'm gonna miss my pretty damsel" replied Nathan as he brushed lightly against her cheeks.

He.. Just.... Brushed....Her ...Cheeks...!!!! Why doesn't he brush my cheeks...?? 😤😤😡😡

"Me too", said Nina as she smiled and held his hands. Okay.. Am i seeing things??

"Why don't we go for a drink? " said Nathan, pulling her through the crowd.

"No problem" replied Nina, following suit as she glanced towards me and mouthed 'I've got this'. Then she was gone.

I just stayed glued in my position, wearing a shocked expression on my face. Did they just act like I wasn't there? Even Nina? She got this? No wait, she got this?? 😡 But Nathan 'brushed her cheeks?' 😡. With nothing left to do, I ran out of the bar. I realized I had made a terrible mistake by not running out of the bar the moment I saw him. Now I had made a complete fool of myself, I thought as I ran to class. Why do I keep embarrassing myself in front of Nathan? Why?

I entered into the rowdy class and slumped myself onto my seat. So this is how it's going to end? He didn't even notice me through out his stay in this school, I thought as I brought out my books.

Fine then, nice knowing you, Mr Nathaniel. Go die in hell, Mannerless Brat....Brusher of girls' cheeks 😠😣😣😣.
IDIOT ***