Chapter 3

First Person POV

The daily routine of me waking up and going to the café, Café Sora, working from sunrise to sunset, then going back to the park with sweets in hand to go sleep in what I had claimed as "my tree" went on. Quite normally, in fact, nothing remotely exotic. Well, that was until right now, my seventh day on the job. The eight-day since I had arrived. What began as a regular day was now turning into some sort of nightmare for me.

It was almost closing time. I was working at the counter by the cash register when Yuki-san seemed to have suddenly called out.

"Hibiki-kun, why are you always wearing the same clothes?" The question startled me, my body responding intelligently with a loud gargled yelp.

"Ah... that" I replied, pretending that I was pondering the question, "Oh,  it's nothing, just me being lazy," I said, quickly making up a lie. 'If Yuki-San knew that I was homeless she would probably fire me'. But Yuki-san was a stubborn woman, refusing to back down.

"Lazy you say, do not mistake me for an idiot, I've seen you work before, you are the most efficient and hard working kid that I've ever seen." Under the pressure of her intense gaze, my façade quickly fell apart,

"Fine, I'll tell you..." I said in a nearly exasperated tone, "I'm homeless." I mumbled the last part, hoping that she wouldn't hear but somewhere in the back of my mind, it told me she caught it with her sharp ears. She didn't even hide her surprise, it was painted clearly on her face. 'Ah... I've done it now, looks like I'll need to start looking for another job'.

Imagine my surprise when instead of mocking me or firing me, she simply hugged me.

"You stupid child, why didn't you tell me?" She chided in a quiet motherly tone. I was left dumbfounded by her words.

"Give me a second, wait here." She left to go to the back, where she had originally been, and then came back with a not-so-small envelope.

"Here, think of it.. as an... advance." Yuki-san handed me a thick brown envelope, my curiosity shook me out of my stupor.

Reaching out, I hesitantly grabbed the envelope, seeing what was inside I gave Yuki-san a confused stare.

"It should be enough for a simple apartment, I could even come with you to help you pick one out if you like." Realizing what she meant, I shot her a grateful look.

"Thank you." It came out just above a whisper, but it held so much emotion.

"And it's fine, I think I'll be able to manage to pick out an apartment by myself." She gave me a worried glance but relented.

"Ok, but you should be going soon." She nudged her head at the clock on the wall. Realizing how late it was, I said my last heartfelt words of thanks and a simple good night before leaving.

____________________________________________________________

As I was walking through the quiet streets of Namimori, I couldn't help but think of how lucky I was to reincarnate here of all places. 'Ya, lucky' my thoughts mocked me back sarcastically. But then again, rally thinking on it, I wouldn't even need to reincarnate if I wasn't in the wrong place at the wrong time. I tried to laugh at the memory but it only came out as a bitter and broken sound.

I was so caught up in my own musing, that I hadn't been paying attention to where I was going, I was knocked out of it though as I felt myself collide with someone else.

I opened my mouth to apologize but stopped as I saw who I walked into, my eyes widening in surprise. I ran into Hibari Kyoya, the fucking Hibari Kyoya, the one and only demon prefect of Namimori. Just my luck, of all the main characters I could meet, I just had to meet the most violent and bloodthirsty one. Well... shit.

"Herbivore, I'll bite you to death." He all but growled at me, already taking out his trusty tonfas from his... well where ever he kept them. My face quickly turned from a surprised one to one full of fear.

"Wait!" I shouted and threw my hands up in a show of surrender, attempting to get him to stop. Not that that did anything, of course, he still ended up attacking me without listening to what I had to say, which, admittedly, just would've been bullshit. Instead, though, something else happened that surprised both of us, well, at least if the slight widening of his eyes was anything to go by, instead of my hands just blocking the hit, they instinctively caught it. His surprise was quickly wiped off his face and replaced by a smirk.

"Hn... interesting." He said more to himself than to me, "Herbivore, state your name." He demanded while pulling his tonfas away. I took in a deep breath to calm myself, though it only worked a little.

"Hi- Hibiki... Shion." I mentally berated myself for the stutter. All the while that predatory smirk of his was still plastered on his face. 'Shit. What did I just get myself into?'

~~~<<<<<<<~~~Author's Notes~~~>>>>>>>~~~

Hi, guys~!
Sorry, it's been over a week since my last update... I think at least, I suck at time.
And, to all my Hibari fangirls/boys (me as well) that read this fanfic, I hope he wasn't too OOC.
I'll try to update every week or so.
Thanks for sticking with me!
Baiii~!