Chapter 2

First Person POV

So, after finding a public restrooms, I made up my mind to actually go in, but I ended up walking into the girls washroom on accident, a habit as my previous status as a female, the only thing that reminded me of my new found "boyhood" were the shrieks of all the occupants inside the girl's washroom. After seeing this, I quickly excused myself and proceeded to go to the boys' designated area located beside it. Now, that totally wasn't the most awkward and confusing thing I've ever experienced. Definitely not. But I thought that if I was going to spend the remaining years of my life as a male, then I was going to have to get used to this whole thing.

____________________________________________________________

After that whole experience, I decided to explore my new town a bit more and hopefully find a good place to spend the night. Because as I stated before; no money, no house.

After walking for about half an hour I stumbled across a pretty nice park, clean with little to no litter on the ground, and enough forestry to make an escape and have a decent place to hide my trail. The name on the sign that I read near what was presumably the entrance informed me that it was called Namimori Park, 'great naming skills.'

Finding a nice, smooth tree, I decided to climb up and rest on a sturdy branch a couple meters up, 'lucky for me that, according to anime logic, trees have little to no imperfections like bugs and chipped bark'. I decided to just to wait up there and rest until tomorrow, it was already dark out.

____________________________________________________________

I woke up stretching, letting out a yawn. 'First things first, get a job.'

I noticed that there weren't many many people out on the streets when it struck me, 'today was a school day,' assuming that the day I appeared here matched up with the day I died in my old world, which was a Tuesday.

After what seemed like hours of walking, I stumbled right across a "NEW HIRES WANTED" ad posted on a large glass panel that doubled as a window of what looked to be a café.

I walked in, hoping that this would be the perfect job for me, my mom having run her own little café back home, the only problem was how to actually get hired though.

I went up to the nice looking lady at the counter, she looked to be in her early twenties, she had shiny, straight, black hair that went up to her shoulders, slightly dark bags under her eyes and a tired smile formed on her lips, making her look at least a few years older than she truly was.

"Excuse me, but I was just wondering about the add for new hires on your window, Miss... um?" I asked semi-formally, I wasn't too sure about all the Japanese customs yet, not really trusting the anime I watched in case of misinformation.

"Yuki, Nanami Yuki, but you may call me Yuki, and yes, what about the add?" The lady, now identified as Yuki, calmly replied.

"I was just wondering if I could... maybe apply for a job here?" I inquired, though my delivery ended up coming out a bit hesitant and unsure.

Her reaction was almost instantaneous, the bags seemed to almost completely vanish, and her smile went from a tired one to an overjoyed one.

"Why didn't you just say that in the first place!?" She demanded, already moving out as to pull more towards the counter, all of her seeming calmness from earlier gone. She then proceeded to drag me behind the counter.

"Ya, you can have the job, you start today!" She continued on with a little spiel about what working there would entail, sounding ecstatic all the way to have found someone who would actually be willing to work with her. I, myself, in fact, was also feeling quite overjoyed at this, though mostly surprised at how fast I found a job here in this world.

The whole day was just filled with Yuki..-san, I'm still not that acute to the customs here, teaching me how to work the cash register, and the proper etiquette on how to act with customers.

____________________________________________________________

"Thank you for all your hard work today, Hibiki-kun, I never would have guessed that you were such a fast learner."

She said with a happy smile plastered on her face. I blushed just the tiniest bit at the comment, I also insisted that she just call me Shion seeing as how I'm younger than her and recalling some stuff in all the animes that I watched, but she refused, saying that it was rude. After a few arguments about the topic, I just gave up and let her call me whatever she wanted.

She stopped me as I was about to head out the door and back to the park to give me a to-go box filled with assorted sweets along with a french vanilla to drink. I opened my mouth and was about to refuse when my stomach suddenly got the better of me and went on ahead and grumbled in lieu of an answer. She just laughed at me while my face turned bright red from embarrassment. I quickly said my thanks to her and went on my way back to Namimori Park, 'this place isn't going to be so bad at all', I decided on my way back.

~~~<<<<<<<~~~Author's Notes~~~>>>>>>>~~~

Hi guys~!
I finally decided to update.
Anyways~, the picture up above is what Yuki looks like.
Thanks to anybody who's been following this story.
I'll also try to update more regularly.
Well anyway, that's all for now, see you all later.
Baiii~!