Caretaker [Izuku x Shoebill] (Tribute Chapter)

Start from the beginning

"This is why I distaste it when Nedzu suggest "have the students decide". It'll turn to an all out fight." Aizawa said as he rolled over a few inches to avoid the thrown desk through the wall. "Any ideas before I'm forced to give everyone detention after class?" He said to Midoriya as he blocked the hole with said desk.

"Nah, sorry sensei. Nothing comes to mind for where. Mind if I leave class now, being the only sane one currently and the fact I have to get to work soon?" Izuku suggested and was surprised that Aizawa nodded yes. He walked back into the battlefield that was once his class and grabbed his stuff and headed back to the halls. Pencils and erasers could be seen poking through his hair and a few paper airplanes too.

"They're readying their quirks and have made slingshots with rubberbands, paperclips and folded paper. And Kacchan is looking to explode everything. See ya sensei." Izuku said as he decided to run to best avoid the soon bloodshed that his class was about to unleash. 'Smart kid deciding to run. Wait...he has a job?' Aizawa thoughs were soon disrupted as he then found Kirishina and Iida blasted through the door and heads hitting the wall.

[Break w/Izuku at the Zoo]

At the zoo. Izuku was now tending to some of the animals by bathing them or feeding them. "Alright, now its off to feed Shoebill. We really have to give her a name." Izuku said to himself as he prepared some fruit and leaves for her. He opened the pen to her habitat and immediately, she flocked to him. "W-Wow, I'll never stop being surprised when you do that ya know?" Izuku said as she tilted her head and took the fruit from his hands with her beak.

"Hmm...hey, do you want me to give you a name?" He called to her as she stopped eating the apple off from her feathers and looked at him. Her head tilted to the side and continued to stare at him. "You know, everyone has a name. And I don't want to have to call you by your animal name. So, what should we name you?" Izuku said as he began muttering ideas and possible named to give to an animal.

"Haku...no that doesn't feel right? Konotori? No that has the meaning of bird in it." "Shihei." Izuku looked up from the ground and looked to see who said that. But no one was around since they didn't open up her habitat for another week. He got up and looked around the habitat, assuming someone got in.

"Hello? Who said that?" Izuku called out as he confirmed that no one but him was in the habitat. "Am I just imagining things, or did I hear a girl's voice." He said to himself as he closed his eyes and let out a relaxing sigh. Soon, he tensed at the feeling of something soft on his back and two arms wrapping around his chest from behind.

"Call me Shihei, zookeeper." The voice he heard came from behind. As he looked over his shoulder and eyes widened at the sight of a girl, a few inches shorter than him. Suddenly hugging him and had somehow got into the habitat. The girl looked up at him with her yellow-greenish eyes peeking through her bangs and into his clear emerald one's.

"W-Who are you?" His voice was soft and yet filled with curiosity as he was mezmorized by her appearance. She stepped back and bowed lightly at him, as her hands rested on top of each other. "I told you, I'm Shihei. Shihei the Shoebill Stork. Nice to meet you." She said with what appeared to be a stotic face as Izuku finally pieced it together.

"W-Wait! H-How are you human? Aren't you a stork?" Izuku asked as he was confused and pondered how it was possible aside from his principle to have a quirk while being an animal. "Oh, I actually am human, but I have trouble controlling my quirk from time to time. So it's kinda troubling when living out in the woods when preservers want to find animals to keep safe from poachers." Shihei said as she then transformed suddenly into her animal form.

"See? It gets hard for me to stop the sudden transforming. I honestly don't mind it here. Free food. My own space to sleep and live. I've never had a home before so this feels somewhat nice." Shihei said as she walked around the habitat and snuggled underneath her tree and grass. Izuku smiled a bit as she seemed relax and happy at least.