"Very much so. Last night. You wore that white dress and I gave you my mother's ring?" Dion looked at me like I'd somehow forgotten something really important. He looked hurt.

"Is this some kind of prank?"

His face fell. "You don't remember, do you?"

"Remember what?" I said looking around for my clothes.

I saw my undershirt in one corner and I grabbed it, shoving it over my head. It didn't do much to hide my pointed nipples or the dark areola surrounding them. I ignored the sexy white dress thrown over the couch across the room because that definitely wasn't mine.

Dion got out of bed, long muscular legs carrying him across the room, naked as the day he was born. "You took these pictures of us with your tripod. We were happy. You were happy."

I glared at him. "I'm your photographer, Dion. It's my job to take pictures of you."

He shook his head. "No, you took pictures of us, on our wedding night. Look." He leaned over the night table and then shoved my camera at me.

I stared at the pictures, beautiful pictures, if I dared say so myself. In all the two years I've worked for Dion, we didn't have any pictures together. . . until now. We looked genuinely happy, but for some reason, I couldn't remember any of it.

"I take great pictures when I'm drunk," I said, feeling tears well up in my eyes, knowing that this entire thing was just a bad dream. A really good bad dream.

"You weren't drunk when we got married. My fans were there. My parents." Dion retrieved a pair of boxers in the drawer and pulled it on, his tight ass a thing of beauty.

It was hard to look away. "It's Halloween, we played dress up. What other explanation could there be? This must be some kind of joke." I walked around the bed, needing to see his eyes. "And your parents would never agree to this."

I didn't even know where we were. I never stayed with Dion in his villas or hotels when we were touring. I preferred to sleep in a hostel somewhere. That way I didn't have to be subjected to his Casa Nova ways. Dion was very popular among women, the younger, the better.

"Is the thought of being married to me so appalling?" he asked, meeting my gaze straight on and staring deeply into my eyes.

"Yes. I mean, no."

His golden eyes darkened. "Get dressed, Ella. I can't concentrate on anything when your boobs are in my face like that, not on the fact that you don't remember our wedding night or the fact that you don't even want to be married to me."

"Are you serious right now? Do you honestly think that I believe for a second that you're upset that I don't want to be married to you?" I looked around the room and there was nothing else for me to wear except for the white dress that was apparently my wedding dress because it looked the same as the one in the pictures he'd shown me. So yeah, I wasn't wearing that.

"Look outside."

"What?"

He ran his hand over his face. "Just look outside the window."

I pulled the dark blue curtains aside and instantly recoiled when I saw a dead bird on the windowpane. It wasn't the only one. Stretched out far and wide across the vast acres of land surrounding the mansion Dion had rented for the two night concert in Hawaii, were at least a hundred other dead birds.