Part 17

Himchan POV

The days seem to be passing by quickly. Jongup seems to have come around a little, but he still doesn’t like the fact that we are dating. Because of that, Miyoung refuses any forms of affection when he is around. I think he’s figured that out, because he almost never leaves her side. Who’s the one acting like a prick now?

The day of the Annual Ball came and the girls were so happy to be able to get dressed up. I couldn’t believe that they were actually so girly. Even Miyoung was running around trying to get ready. The rest of the guys and I waited for them in the living room. We actually debated whether to leave them behind or not. We had been joking about it when Sunhwa suddenly appeared in front of us.

“If you guys really don’t want to come with us, you could always stay here while we go and have fun with all the other guys” she smiled.

I think all of our jaws dropped when we saw them all standing there. Miyoung looked at me and then pointed to her cheek. I didn’t understand why she was doing that until she said “You can stop drooling now” with a little giggle.

All of us quickly tried wiping our mouths only to find out that she was just joking. “That wasn’t funny!” Jongup said and she just laughed with all the other girls.

“Yes it was!” she laughed. “You should have seen the looks on your faces!”

I got up, immediately ran over to her and pulled her closer to me. “So, you would go and flirt with some other guy while leaving me here?”

She looked at me seriously and said “Yes!” before quickly running away.

“Wait till I get you!” I yelled as I ran after her.

We arrived at the Ball and everyone was looking right at us. Okay, now I can admit, I was getting a little nervous. I wasn’t used to these kinds of events, but I knew that I had to be here for her. I took a deep breath and tried to calm myself down a bit.

“Miyoung!” some guy called out as he approached hand in hand with another guy.

“Woohyun! Key!” she smiled as she gave them a big hug. “It’s so good to see you guys! How are you doing?” They lifted their hands to show her something, but I didn’t know what. “OMG!” she squealed and then hugged them again. “When? And why wasn’t I invited?”

“Our bosses were dragging it out, so we kind of…” Key started to explain, but Woohyun interrupted.

“We eloped!” he started to squealed with excitement. “What about you? What are these rumors I keep hearing about you?”

She walked over to me and wrapped her arm around mine. “This is my fiancé Himchan” she blushed as she introduced me.

Okay, I think I’m falling in love with her even more.

The guys looked at me and then at each other. Then they walked over to us and the one called Woohyun said “We need to borrow him for a minute.” Then they both grabbed me by an arm and dragged me away from her.

I did my best not to cause a scene, but being dragged away from her like that is a little annoying. Especially since, I don’t even know these guys! Once we were out of sight from everyone, I broke free from their grip and demanded an explanation. “Okay, what is going on here!?”

“Shh” the Woohyun guy urged as the two of them nervously looked over their shoulders. “Are you trying to get beat up?”

“What are you talking about?”

“Let me ask you this” the Key guy looked me I the eye. “Do you really understand what it means to be her fiancé?”

I chuckled “Seriously?” Then I looked him in the eyes and could see he was being very serious. I coughed a little to clear my throat and then said “Yes, I do.”

“You realize that everyone in that room is going to be against it and will most likely try to either break you up or beat you up?” Woohyun asked.

“Yes” I replied.

“And you still want to be with her?” Key asked.

“Forever” I smiled.

Suddenly, a large group of men appeared from out of nowhere. “You heard his answer!” Woohyun shouted to them all.

The guys started looking me up and down. I think they were sizing me up. Then one of them came forward and looked me in the eyes. I had to try not to laugh because his eyes were so small that I couldn’t tell if he was really looking at me or not. He thrust his hand forward and said “You better take care of her.”

I was shocked. I took his hand nervously and shook it. “I will.”

“Good!” another guy came up beside me and placed an arm across my shoulders “Because if you don’t, you’ll have to answer to all of us.” He pointed around to all the other guys who nodded at his comment.

“Um… Who are all of you?”

One of the guys coughed and said “We’re the guys who tried to be her fiancé and failed.” He hung his head a little and blushed.

“So that means… you were all… beat up by… Miyoung?!” My eyes widened in surprise.

“YA! Just because we accepted you as her fiancé, doesn’t mean you can make fun of us! You got that?!” Another guy yelled at me.

“I wasn’t making fun of you!” I quickly shook my head. “I just thought that a lot of you looked a lot stronger than me, so I was surprised!”

“Yeah, well” another guy started to blush. “She is a lot stronger than she appears, but I’m sure you already know that.”

I blushed. The truth was, I only had a vague idea of how strong she was because I never challenged her the way they did. They literally fought with her, but I only managed to take one shot without realizing it. These guys deserved my full respect. “Thank you all” I said as I began to bow to them all.

I think they were a little taken aback, because when I got back up they were all just staring at me. They looked around at one another and then they all broke out into laughter.